Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heilman is gone
You know we should get? That Michael Wuertz character from Oakland. I'm sure Hendry would see that he's more valuable than Aaron Heilman.

Am I right folks?
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Pretty cool. Now I'm really pulling for this guy to turn into something, anything, for us.
http://www.southtownstar.com/sports/189471...bstrade.article
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->St. Rita graduate Ryne White was named after Cubs Hall of Fame second baseman Ryne Sandberg.

White might receive an opportunity to play for his namesake.

A first baseman in the Arizona Diamondbacks organization, White was traded Thursday to the Cubs for pitcher Aaron Heilman.

"It's unbelievable," said White, who was shopping for a Cubs hat with his wife Thursday evening. "One of my coaches from this past season called me and told me I was traded. I was like, 'All right.' Then he told me I was traded to the Cubs, and it was all over for me. I couldn't believe it.

"I'm definitely more motivated. To be able to play for the big-league club in your hometown would be special."

White, 23, batted .266 (111-for-418) with 18 doubles, six home runs, 52 RBI, 65 walks and a .371 on-base percentage in 116 games for Class A Visalia in 2009. He's a career .275 hitter (194-for-705) with 13 homers, 103 RBI and a .366 on-base percentage in 186 pro games the past two seasons.

His first stop in the Cubs organization could be with the Double-A Tennessee Smokies, managed by none other than Sandberg.

"That would be a dream come true," White said. "He's one of the best players to play the game. I idolized him growing up. It would be an amazing experience."

St. Rita coach Mike Zunica has no doubts his former No. 3 hitter will excel with his new organization.

"Without question, Ryne is one of the greatest pure hitters I've ever coached," he said. "He's a great athlete. I have great confidence in his ability to hit at every level. He has a great understanding of the game and is a very instinctive hitter. Plus, he has great God-given ability."

White, who bats and throws left-handed, earned All-State honors at St. Rita. After graduating in 2005, he attended Purdue University and was a 2007 Big Ten Conference All-Star, batting .452 (90-for-199) with a .521 on-base percentage in 53 games for the Boilermakers. The 5-foot-11, 205-pounder was selected by the Diamondbacks in the fourth round of the 2008 draft.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Awesome story
Looks like someone's ready for Black Wednesday!
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy