Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gammons leaving ESPN
<!--quoteo(post=71106:date=Dec 8 2009, 05:00 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 8 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Damn, I wish Dish had MLB Network.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
ditto
[Image: lou.jpg]
Comcast has MLB network? Is it on their basic package or do you need to do some kind premium sports package?
I believe you have to pay for it. They gave it to me for free for a few weeks as a preview when they first started airing it and just left it on. It must be a glitch because i'm fairly certain comcast doesn't usually give it to their customers for free. However, i never ordered it nor do I pay for it so maybe I just got lucky.
<!--quoteo(post=71118:date=Dec 8 2009, 06:01 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Dec 8 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=71106:date=Dec 8 2009, 05:00 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 8 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Damn, I wish Dish had MLB Network.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
ditto
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yep, same here. It will be years before DISH gets it.
The NFL Network sucks. The Big Ten Network sucks. The SEC Network sucks. NBA TV sucks. And sorry guys, I think the MLB Network is garbage too. I think all of these new, specialized networks are nothing special.
<!--quoteo(post=71140:date=Dec 8 2009, 08:54 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 8 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The NFL Network sucks. The Big Ten Network sucks. The SEC Network sucks. NBA TV sucks. And sorry guys, I think the MLB Network is garbage too. I think all of these new, specialized networks are nothing special.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree on all counts except for MLB. I liked their evening coverage during the season, and how they would do live look-ins of all the games. NFL doesn't even do that shit. They put a scoreboard up, with Sirius NFL radio as the audio, during the early Sunday games. It's pretty lame.
<!--quoteo(post=71130:date=Dec 8 2009, 10:06 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Dec 8 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Comcast has MLB network? Is it on their basic package or do you need to do some kind premium sports package?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's in Comcast's Digital Preferred package (the one with about 300 channels, plus the HD channels). I used to get it, but my wife talked me into downgrading to save money. So now I'm on Digital Stater (about 100 channels, plus the HD channels), but no MLB Network anymore [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] . I'll probably end up upgrading again before Spring Training though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] .
The NFL Network is decent, but the MLB Network is fantastic.

However, the best sports tiered channel is the Red Zone Channel.
I didn't watch it that often but I do have to say MLB network does have some pretty solid programming.