Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selig creating MLB's version of the Competition Committee
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Commissioner Bud Selig announced on Tuesday that he will chair a new 14-man special committee to analyze ways of improving Major League Baseball on the field.

The committee includes four managers, four former and present general managers, four owner representatives, MLB consultant and Hall of Famer Frank Robinson, plus renowned columnist George Will.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The group will take up such subjects as pace of game, umpiring, further extension of the use of instant replay and various rule changes, among others. It will meet for the first time during the first quarterly owners' meetings of the new year in the Phoenix area scheduled for Jan. 13-14. The 30 active GMs have also been invited to sit in on those meetings for the first time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

La Russa, Leyland, Torre, and Scioscia are the managers. Schuerholz, MacPhail, former Twins GM Terry Ryan, and Shaprio are the GM reps.

The DH could be discussed, and either added to the NL or removed from the AL.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Good. MLB keeps losing fans to other sports.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
NL gets the DH and I'm done.
<!--quoteo(post=71993:date=Dec 17 2009, 06:53 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Dec 17 2009, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->NL gets the DH and I'm done.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I won't be, but it sure would leave a bad taste in my mouth.
I would love the DH in the NL
As much as I hate the idea as a traditionalist, and I do, mandating the DH across both leagues sure would be a significant step toward achieving competitive parity. The AL has been so dominant for so long, it's getting frustrating. Also, it would then be easier to eventually realign the 6 divisions and send the Astros or some NL West team over to the AL West. I'll admit there are plenty of pros. I still don't want it to happen, but I would eventually accept it.
<!--quoteo(post=72035:date=Dec 17 2009, 12:53 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 17 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As much as I hate the idea as a traditionalist, and I do, mandating the DH across both leagues sure would be a significant step toward achieving competitive parity. The AL has been so dominant for so long, it's getting frustrating. Also, it would then be easier to eventually realign the 6 divisions and send the Astros or some NL West team over to the AL West. I'll admit there are plenty of pros. I still don't want it to happen, but I would eventually accept it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'll get over it but I'll always despise it. I'm sure that's what's being discussed here...and despite the sop to traditionalists that they'll consider eliminating the position from the AL...the union would never sit still for that.