Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chan Ho Park...
Well we aren't signing this guy, and that doesn't bother me too much. But when I saw the reasoning behind his decision, mainly this quote, I couldn't help but take note:

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->"I was deliberating on the Chicago Cubs and the Yankees, but their history <b>and championship contention</b> resulted in me picking the Yankees,'' Park said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I look at a team like the Yankees versus our roster, and I can't help but think how far we are from being in "championship contention".
"Last year, I was sort of a kid and I was a little scared, I ain't scared any more."
Quote:- Hank Aaron
Seriously, if you were a FA and the Yankees were offering you a contract....why wouldn't you sign with them? If he would have picked us over them he would have been a fucking idiot.
<!--quoteo(post=80313:date=Feb 22 2010, 08:26 AM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Feb 22 2010, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Seriously, if you were a FA and the Yankees were offering you a contract....why wouldn't you sign with them? If he would have picked us over them he would have been a fucking idiot.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I get that. But he doesn't have to be a doucheface about it.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Win a World Series with the Cubs and you're a fucking legend forever. Win a World Series with the Yankees? Ho-hum.
<!--quoteo(post=80339:date=Feb 22 2010, 12:22 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 22 2010, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Win a World Series with the Cubs and you're a fucking legend forever. Win a World Series with the Yankees? Ho-hum.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would pass up a chance to be a legend forever for a very real possibility of being in the WS every year.
<!--quoteo(post=80364:date=Feb 22 2010, 05:00 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Feb 22 2010, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80339:date=Feb 22 2010, 12:22 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 22 2010, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Win a World Series with the Cubs and you're a fucking legend forever. Win a World Series with the Yankees? Ho-hum.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would pass up a chance to be a legend forever for a very real possibility of being in the WS every year.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
So why don't you cheer for the Yankees instead of the Cubs?
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=80385:date=Feb 22 2010, 09:17 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Feb 22 2010, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80364:date=Feb 22 2010, 05:00 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Feb 22 2010, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80339:date=Feb 22 2010, 12:22 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 22 2010, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Win a World Series with the Cubs and you're a fucking legend forever. Win a World Series with the Yankees? Ho-hum.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So why don't you cheer for the Yankees instead of the Cubs?

Because I am not a player that is a FA looking for the best chance to win.