Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hall of Fame Weekend
Hey guys, I just made reservations for Hall of Fame weekend. Wanted to know if others were going out for it this year as well?

I searched for hotels in the Cooperstown area for like 2 hours and ended up getting rooms in Utica, NY. It's about 30 minutes away but rooms were only $70/night and I didn't have to do the 3 night minimum or worry about being hit with a cancellation fee.

What else should I do to prepare for this trip? What should we be planning on doing during the weekend? Obviously visiting the hall is a priority but what else is there to do?

<!--quoteo(post=79555:date=Feb 14 2010, 06:23 PM:name=Croz)-->QUOTE (Croz @ Feb 14 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hey guys, I just made reservations for Hall of Fame weekend. Wanted to know if others were going out for it this year as well?

I searched for hotels in the Cooperstown area for like 2 hours and ended up getting rooms in Utica, NY. It's about 30 minutes away but rooms were only $70/night and I didn't have to do the 3 night minimum or worry about being hit with a cancellation fee.

What else should I do to prepare for this trip? What should we be planning on doing during the weekend? Obviously visiting the hall is a priority but what else is there to do?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's a good idea to stay in Utica. The drive itself into Cooperstown is National Geographic-style gorgeous.
Damn, I'd love to go too. The Hall is awesome. I could spend a week there and not be bored.
When you do go, kindly give us a full report...I, for one, would be very interested in reading about it (I haven't been there since '94.)
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I'm trying not to let the Expos hat ruin this thing for me. Still pisses me off...
<!--quoteo(post=79582:date=Feb 15 2010, 09:42 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 15 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm trying not to let the Expos hat ruin this thing for me. Still pisses me off...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It bothers me but I was a Hawk die hard. No way he goes in without me there!