Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milton Bradley article
<!--quoteo(post=83403:date=Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There's really not much he can do at this point in time but defend him. But if you're already defending a guy during spring training it's going to take some miracle for this to not go south again.

If he brings <i>half</i> the tsuris to Seattle that he brought to Chicago, he's completely out of fingers to point and his career may be effectively over.

I'm envisioning some brilliant move where before the trading deadline the Mariners deal Bradley to a divisional rival for a bag of peanuts so he can disrupt <i>their</i> clubhouse.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Damn, why didn't we think of that? Trade him to the Cardinals for a career A Ball player
<!--quoteo(post=83404:date=Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM:name=AnnoCatuli)-->QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83403:date=Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There's really not much he can do at this point in time but defend him. But if you're already defending a guy during spring training it's going to take some miracle for this to not go south again.

If he brings <i>half</i> the tsuris to Seattle that he brought to Chicago, he's completely out of fingers to point and his career may be effectively over.

I'm envisioning some brilliant move where before the trading deadline the Mariners deal Bradley to a divisional rival for a bag of peanuts so he can disrupt <i>their</i> clubhouse.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Damn, why didn't we think of that? Trade him to the Cardinals for a career A Ball player
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Unfortunately - like it or lump it - the Cardinals organization is run far too well for that.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=83428:date=Mar 20 2010, 02:11 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83404:date=Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM:name=AnnoCatuli)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83403:date=Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There's really not much he can do at this point in time but defend him. But if you're already defending a guy during spring training it's going to take some miracle for this to not go south again.

Unfortunately - like it or lump it - the Cardinals organization is run far too well for that.
DUIs and car crashes aside, of course.
<!--quoteo(post=83435:date=Mar 20 2010, 02:55 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 20 2010, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83428:date=Mar 20 2010, 02:11 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83404:date=Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM:name=AnnoCatuli)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83403:date=Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There's really not much he can do at this point in time but defend him. But if you're already defending a guy during spring training it's going to take some miracle for this to not go south again.

And hiring freakshows like McGwire and slowly destroying the game as we know it by conspiring with Selig. Aside from that, they are a model organization and have more than earned the title of Baseball City, USA.
<!--quoteo(post=83436:date=Mar 20 2010, 03:58 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 20 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83435:date=Mar 20 2010, 02:55 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 20 2010, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83428:date=Mar 20 2010, 02:11 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83404:date=Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM:name=AnnoCatuli)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83403:date=Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There's really not much he can do at this point in time but defend him. But if you're already defending a guy during spring training it's going to take some miracle for this to not go south again.

And hiring freakshows like McGwire and slowly destroying the game as we know it by conspiring with Selig. Aside from that, they are a model organization and have more than earned the title of Baseball City, USA.

They win.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=83444:date=Mar 20 2010, 03:32 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83436:date=Mar 20 2010, 03:58 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 20 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83435:date=Mar 20 2010, 02:55 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 20 2010, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83428:date=Mar 20 2010, 02:11 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83404:date=Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM:name=AnnoCatuli)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83403:date=Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There's really not much he can do at this point in time but defend him. But if you're already defending a guy during spring training it's going to take some miracle for this to not go south again.

They win.

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:7--><!--/sizeo-->COCKSUCKER!!!<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=83444:date=Mar 20 2010, 03:32 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83436:date=Mar 20 2010, 03:58 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 20 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83435:date=Mar 20 2010, 02:55 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 20 2010, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83428:date=Mar 20 2010, 02:11 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83404:date=Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM:name=AnnoCatuli)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 20 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83403:date=Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 20 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There's really not much he can do at this point in time but defend him. But if you're already defending a guy during spring training it's going to take some miracle for this to not go south again.

They win.

They sometimes win...so do we.
Milton Bradley would hit .800 on the Cardinals and be a good boy.
@TheBlogfines
Some blogger had insinuated that the Brock-Broglio trade was made because of racism. I highly doubt that. I wrote back:

I doubt that was a factor in the Lou Brock trade. At the time, the two biggest stars on the Cubs were African-American fellows: the beloved Ernie Banks, and future HOFer Billy Williams. If the Cubs had any inkling that Brock would turn into a HOF talent, he could have acted like Milton Bradley, and still wouldn’t have been traded.
The Cubs just made a bad trade. OK, a terrible trade. Still, it’s ironic that the Brock-Broglio deal stands as the epitome of bad trades, because the Cubs made up for it only a couple years later when they got a young Fergie Jenkins from the Phillies for a bag of balls. In his first 6 years with the Cubs, he won 20+ six times, including the 1971 Cy.
The Phillies also gave the Cubs a young Ryne Sandberg, as a throw-in in the Ivan deJesus/Larry Bowa swap. BOTH those transactions were worse for the Phils than Brock-Broglio was for the Cubs.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=84409:date=Mar 24 2010, 09:37 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 24 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Some blogger had insinuated that the Brock-Broglio trade was made because of racism. I highly doubt that. I wrote back:

I doubt that was a factor in the Lou Brock trade. At the time, the two biggest stars on the Cubs were African-American fellows: the beloved Ernie Banks, and future HOFer Billy Williams. If the Cubs had any inkling that Brock would turn into a HOF talent, he could have acted like Milton Bradley, and still wouldn’t have been traded.
The Cubs just made a bad trade. OK, a terrible trade. Still, it’s ironic that the Brock-Broglio deal stands as the epitome of bad trades, because the Cubs made up for it only a couple years later when they got a young Fergie Jenkins from the Phillies for a bag of balls. In his first 6 years with the Cubs, he won 20+ six times, including the 1971 Cy.
The Phillies also gave the Cubs a young Ryne Sandberg, as a throw-in in the Ivan deJesus/Larry Bowa swap. BOTH those transactions were worse for the Phils than Brock-Broglio was for the Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Brock is overrated.
<!--quoteo(post=84413:date=Mar 24 2010, 07:44 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 24 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Brock is overrated.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I like his posts.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
I'm glad to see Milton hasn't learned to count to 3 yet.
<!--quoteo(post=84409:date=Mar 24 2010, 09:37 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 24 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Some blogger had insinuated that the Brock-Broglio trade was made because of racism. I highly doubt that. I wrote back:

The Phillies also gave the Cubs a young Ryne Sandberg, as a throw-in in the Ivan deJesus/Larry Bowa swap. BOTH those transactions were worse for the Phils than Brock-Broglio was for the Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't forget, we also got Sammy Sosa for George Bell
The reason the trade looks so bad, is that Brock finished '64 very very well, and STL won the W.S.
I like you guys a lot.
<!--quoteo(post=84446:date=Mar 25 2010, 12:24 PM:name=leonardsipes)-->QUOTE (leonardsipes @ Mar 25 2010, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The reason the trade looks so bad, is that Brock finished '64 very very well, and STL won the W.S.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

After 1964, Brock played another 15 years of baseball for the turds and was an all star for 6 of those years. Broglio played 2 more years for the Cubs and won a total of 3 games after 1964.

Not did the Turds win the WS but Brock played well for a long time and Ernie Broglio just sucked dick.

To get back to the point, Milton Bradley is a racist, spoiled, prick.