Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Lineup vs. Lefties
<!--quoteo(post=90772:date=Apr 18 2010, 07:10 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 18 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--QuoteBegin-Clapp+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp)<!--QuoteEBegin-->Yep, Nady batting 4th, Ramirez batting 5th.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Wow, Lou. Way to show confidence.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe he's actually <i>trying</i> to get a rise out of Aramis. For that, I wouldn't blame him.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=90779:date=Apr 18 2010, 07:30 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 18 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=90772:date=Apr 18 2010, 07:10 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 18 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--QuoteBegin-Clapp+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp)<!--QuoteEBegin-->Yep, Nady batting 4th, Ramirez batting 5th.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe he's actually <i>trying</i> to get a rise out of Aramis. For that, I wouldn't blame him.
Honestly, I hadn't seriously considered that. If that's his intention, then I certainly can't blame him, either. Obviously, Rami does need to pull his head out of his ass and quit swinging for the fences every at bat. Good call, Kabes.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

The lineup doesn't matter, right?
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=90791:date=Apr 18 2010, 08:17 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 18 2010, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=90779:date=Apr 18 2010, 07:30 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 18 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=90772:date=Apr 18 2010, 07:10 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 18 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--QuoteBegin-Clapp+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp)<!--QuoteEBegin-->Yep, Nady batting 4th, Ramirez batting 5th.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Honestly, I hadn't seriously considered that. If that's his intention, then I certainly can't blame him, either. Obviously, Rami does need to pull his head out of his ass and quit swinging for the fences every at bat. Good call, Kabes.
I miss his patented lined rockets up the box into center. When he's getting those hits, he's in a good place at the plate.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
I think Byrd leading off is stupid, but I don't really have an issue with moving Ramirez down. It's probably over-managing, but as soon as he starts hitting he'll be back in the cleanup spot.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Agreed that Lou is overreacting.

The Cubs aren't scoring runs and I think are scheduled to face 3 lefties in the next 4 starts. He could have just said it was time to shake up the lineup. Instead he said that here is the lefty lineup.

If it works and the Cubs score runs, great. If not, I wouldn't expect the lineup to stick beyond this series. I doubt if it will stick beyond Monday's start.

Lou loves reworking lineups. He should have just stated that he was shaking things up due to the lack of runs rather than a lefty starter BS.
<!--quoteo(post=90767:date=Apr 18 2010, 07:44 PM:name=dk123)-->QUOTE (dk123 @ Apr 18 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=90764:date=Apr 18 2010, 06:34 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 18 2010, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yep, Nady batting 4th, Ramirez 5th.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's retarded. I'm also totally shocked that the problem wasn't the hitting coach.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I'm glad Dusty was able to help Lou in putting together that awesome lineup.