Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iron Man 2
I just saw this...and boy did it suck.
I thought the first one sucked.
Wang.
I thought it was alright. Most people I've talked to have said it was as good as the first one. I thought the plot lines were incredibly similar to the first one but there was no origin of Iron Man of course.
The trailers have looked incredibly lame, corny even.

That said, I thought the first one was solid and a good time, and I was looking forward to the sequel. Anyway, the track record of comic book sequels isn't good, and especially when studios decide to load up on A-List talent to cover up a 2nd rate script. I'll wait to rent this.
Two things I think would have made the movie a bit better:

1) Eliminate Scarlett Johannsson's character. Aside from one sequence, she was essentially eye candy.

2) Focus a little more (in a dramatic way) on Tony Stark's alcoholism.

I thought it was OK, but I wanted to be blown away. The corny dialogue (although some was intentional) took me out of the movie, too, which is a big negative.

Definitely not must-see-in-theater material, but it is worth a look.

Cool scene after the credits for nerds like myself.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=95644:date=May 10 2010, 06:18 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 10 2010, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I thought the first one sucked.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We have a winner.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Just saw it with my son, and I thought it was kind of fun.

And it might be the hottest Scarlett has ever looked in a movie, imo.
<!--quoteo(post=95675:date=May 10 2010, 10:48 AM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ May 10 2010, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Two things I think would have made the movie a bit better:

1) Eliminate Scarlett Johannsson's character. Aside from one sequence, she was essentially eye candy.

2) Focus a little more (in a dramatic way) on Tony Stark's alcoholism.

I thought it was OK, but I wanted to be blown away. The corny dialogue (although some was intentional) took me out of the movie, too, which is a big negative.

Definitely not must-see-in-theater material, but it is worth a look.

Cool scene after the credits for nerds like myself.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lots of nerds in the audience gasped at the post-credit scene and then cheered. I embrace my inner nerd, but not like that. I wanted to start smashing pocket protectors and inhalers.
Just saw it tonight and I was entertained. Some corny lines but I enjoyed it and thats all I ask for in a movie.
I saw it and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It was just a "Meh".

Scarlett is hot as though. I never really been attracted to her until I saw this.