Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brewers lodge a complaint
<!--quoteo(post=106780:date=Jul 21 2010, 05:15 AM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Jul 21 2010, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=106772:date=Jul 21 2010, 04:42 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Jul 21 2010, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->God, it was so annoying when Dusty was the manger, and we were playing the Cards to hear the broadcasters say things like "Oh, well now he's bringing in the lefty...the chess match continues" when in reality was like a shouting match between mutes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What do you have against mutes?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Their pointless shouting matches.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=106165:date=Jul 19 2010, 10:35 AM:name=willis)-->QUOTE (willis @ Jul 19 2010, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Brewers are showboating candy asses, that has been the case since the Fielder/Braun teams have come together. I am starting to hate them more than the Cardinals.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This.
<!--quoteo(post=106165:date=Jul 19 2010, 08:35 AM:name=willis)-->QUOTE (willis @ Jul 19 2010, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Brewers are showboating candy asses, that has been the case since the Fielder/Braun teams have come together. I am starting to hate them more than the Cardinals. Just simply because Braun and Fielders are shit suckers.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Not a fan of Brauny's white shoes and home run skip?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=107243:date=Jul 22 2010, 12:24 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 22 2010, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=106165:date=Jul 19 2010, 08:35 AM:name=willis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (willis @ Jul 19 2010, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Brewers are showboating candy asses, that has been the case since the Fielder/Braun teams have come together. I am starting to hate them more than the Cardinals. Just simply because Braun and Fielders are shit suckers.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Not a fan of Brauny's white shoes and home run skip?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ehhh, negative. As porr as the cubs are, at least other than Soriano there are no posers. I prefer the Marlon Byrd approach to home runs.
Dylan McKay is my hero
In a way, Byrd's home run trot is a little showboaty, IMO. Not like Soriano's -- it's more subtle.

The fact that he runs so fast around the bases draws attention to the fact that he's running the bases. And it's unusual, so it sticks out.
<!--quoteo(post=106205:date=Jul 19 2010, 02:44 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 19 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Cox is probably the best manager of our era. LaRussa has been innovative, but is more of a strategist than a "run the clubhouse, run the whole organizational chain" type of guy that Cox is.
Torre was in the right place at the right time; there's no doubt that he was perfect for the Yankees at that time, but I have a strong feeling that 50% of all good managers could have won consistently with those players.

To me, Cox is up there with Stengal and McGraw.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd really like to dispel the notion of LaRussa as a Patton-esque strategist. Whenever he made an unconventional move, it was retarded and his team managed to win in spite of them. Beyond that, all he ever did is manage the same way every other manager manages but with the dickish righteousness of someone who thinks they reinvented the goddamn wheel. Fuck LaRussa, fuck with a cactus without lube.
<!--quoteo(post=107250:date=Jul 22 2010, 10:40 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 22 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In a way, Byrd's home run trot is a little showboaty, IMO. Not like Soriano's -- it's more subtle.

The fact that he runs so fast around the bases draws attention to the fact that he's running the bases. And it's unusual, so it sticks out.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can agree with this. It's a confident run, and a gentle slight. I think there's nothing more beautiful than a Kosuke home run swing and trot, but that obviously never happens. He trots the best on the team, way better than Soto's flailing arms/paddling fins...
As an aside, I don't have a problem with a little showboating as long as it doesn't go overboard. What Byrd does is 100% fine with me.
When you take Byrd's home run run in the context of every other aspect of how he plays the game...well, I love it.
<!--quoteo(post=107257:date=Jul 22 2010, 01:07 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jul 22 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->When you take Byrd's home run run in the context of every other aspect of how he plays the game...well, I love it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Same here. I can see how it stands out, but I really don't think it's his intention.
<!--quoteo(post=107257:date=Jul 22 2010, 01:07 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jul 22 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->When you take Byrd's home run run in the context of every other aspect of how he plays the game...well, I love it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And that's it. Byrd gives 110% in every aspect of the game, including running out home runs. That's just his style, and though it may come off as showboating, I don't believe it is to him.
Wang.
Fucking Macha.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...-18-1-lead.html
<!--quoteo(post=109530:date=Aug 3 2010, 04:59 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Aug 3 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fucking Macha.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...-18-1-lead.html<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What a fucking faggot (no offense vegas).
Diamond should throw his first major league pitch into the Brewers' dugout.
And he wonders why the Brewers lead the world in HBP.