Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not talkng about the Cubs anymore
<!--quoteo(post=46922:date=Jun 29 2009, 08:30 AM:name=Lance)-->QUOTE (Lance @ Jun 29 2009, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So why is your summer bad other than the Cubs?

I've been wondering why we seem to be losing people because of the bitchfest this shitty season has engendered. It's not like we haven't weathered other shitty seasons. Is it the expectation level? Is it just that everyone is getting older and gets tired of hearing it?

I don't understand why people seem to be taking the negativity so personally this year. This isn't a criticism--people are going to feel how they feel--just wondering why so many have dropped out.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

this summer has sucked for me because i no longer coach. last year i was devoting 6 or 7 days a week to coaching and now i'm not coaching at all. it's left a big void in my life. i didn't realize how much i'd miss it.

now my daughter is struggling. she can't field and she can't hit. she started out the season well but has fallen hard. she's been benched and it's killing her, which in turn is killing me. she's the kind of person that needs to feel wanted. when she makes mistakes, she dwells on them, and then she makes more mistakes. the coach isn't telling her the things she needs to hear to snap out of this. she's put so much pressure on herself to succeed, that she's getting worse. she's so afraid to make mistakes that she's lost all her aggressiveness, which is causing her to make more mistakes. i keep trying to get her to just relax and have fun the way she used to but she can't. she's stiff. she's tense. you can see it in her body language.

plus, we're broke. i've lived much of my life broke, but this is worse than ever. i just can't seem to get out of this rut.

my kids are never home anymore. they spend the night at friends or relative's houses all the time. my youngest daughter was up north with the in-laws for 10 days. we never see them anymore. all i want is to get us all together and leave for a while and be a family, away from all the bullshit, but i can't. i have no money. nothing.

on top of all of this is the upcoming world series. my daughter's coach is hellbent on going back this year. to get in you have to finish 1st or 2nd in a USSSA sponsered tournament. up until this weekend, we hadn't come close. we just aren't that great a team. then something odd happened this weekend. we finished 3rd in a tournament. 3rd isn't enough to get us in, but the team that won it already qualified earlier in the year. so the powers that be are kicking around giving us the other bid.

it's stupid. it's going to cost us a shitload of money and time to get back to the world series, and for what? to get massacred again? why put the kids through that? if we were a dominant team, i'd be all for it, but we're average at best. in the 7 games we played this weekend, we won 4, and that was against some really bad teams. there won't be really bad teams in the world series. the team that won the tournament beat us 10-0. it could have been a whole lot worse if not for the slaughter rule. that team probably won't even place in the W.S.

so now i'm faced with trying to raise money to send my daughter to a series that she may not play in, on a team that has no chance of winning, and i won't be able to go, because i don't have the money for it. all to appease our coach, who has lost his fucking mind.
Wang.

Messages In This Thread
I'm not talkng about the Cubs anymore - by hPOD - 06-29-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm not talkng about the Cubs anymore - by Lance - 06-29-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm not talkng about the Cubs anymore - by rok - 06-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm not talkng about the Cubs anymore - by Scarey - 06-29-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm not talkng about the Cubs anymore - by rok - 06-29-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm not talkng about the Cubs anymore - by veryzer - 06-29-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm not talkng about the Cubs anymore - by alpha - 06-29-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm not talkng about the Cubs anymore - by Lance - 06-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm not talkng about the Cubs anymore - by dk123 - 06-29-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm not talkng about the Cubs anymore - by kbwsb - 06-29-2009, 01:55 PM