12-05-2008, 09:40 PM
<!--quoteo(post=1653:date=Dec 5 2008, 08:33 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 5 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This would really piss me off. I know the guy finished poorly, but he was great before the injury, and not to mention he can start and be a solid middle reliever when healthy. I hope these douches at Rotoworld and Trib are just wildly speculating. I know $2+ million isn't chump change, but we're getting pretty thin in the relief dept and can't afford to just let guys go for nothing in return like this.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->from rotoworld.com
According to the Chicago Tribune, "it wouldn't be surprising if the Cubs non-tendered" Chad Gaudin next week.
Gaudin came to Chicago as part of the Rich Harden deal, but posted a 6.26 ERA in 27 1/3 innings out of the bullpen. Gaudin made $1.8 million last season and the Cubs may not be willing to give him a raise via arbitration, but as a 25-year-old with a 4.45 career ERA who can start or relieve he'd draw plenty of interest on the open market.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah I don't know what Sullivan's thinking, and he said that right after he posted this quote from Lou saying how they're going to need Gaudin to pitch well.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->"Well, we have Cotts and we have Marshall," Piniella said. "I thought they did a very representative job last year. Marshall, this will be the second year [working out of the pen], so he should be more acclimated. From the right side, we picked up Gregg from the Marlins, but we're going to have to have a guy like [Chad] Gaudin pitch well for us. And [Kevin] Hart, [ Angel] Guzman … we're going to have some young people who are going to have to come through for us too."
That's risky business.
Gaudin was ineffective and is arbitration-eligible. It wouldn't be surprising if the Cubs non-tendered him. Hart spent much of the season at Triple-A Iowa. Guzman, a former top prospect with a series of arm injuries, had six appearances in September after missing most of the year rehabbing from Tommy John surgery.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->from rotoworld.com
According to the Chicago Tribune, "it wouldn't be surprising if the Cubs non-tendered" Chad Gaudin next week.
Gaudin came to Chicago as part of the Rich Harden deal, but posted a 6.26 ERA in 27 1/3 innings out of the bullpen. Gaudin made $1.8 million last season and the Cubs may not be willing to give him a raise via arbitration, but as a 25-year-old with a 4.45 career ERA who can start or relieve he'd draw plenty of interest on the open market.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah I don't know what Sullivan's thinking, and he said that right after he posted this quote from Lou saying how they're going to need Gaudin to pitch well.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->"Well, we have Cotts and we have Marshall," Piniella said. "I thought they did a very representative job last year. Marshall, this will be the second year [working out of the pen], so he should be more acclimated. From the right side, we picked up Gregg from the Marlins, but we're going to have to have a guy like [Chad] Gaudin pitch well for us. And [Kevin] Hart, [ Angel] Guzman … we're going to have some young people who are going to have to come through for us too."
That's risky business.
Gaudin was ineffective and is arbitration-eligible. It wouldn't be surprising if the Cubs non-tendered him. Hart spent much of the season at Triple-A Iowa. Guzman, a former top prospect with a series of arm injuries, had six appearances in September after missing most of the year rehabbing from Tommy John surgery.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines