Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm beginning to understand the Sux & Cards angst
At softball on Wednesday night, my buddy and I noticed the difference between a Sox fan and a Cubs fan. Both games were on the TV's in the bar we go to after our games. When the Cardinals scored a run against the Cubs, a huge cheer went up in the bar. I can tell you, none of the people in the bar were Cardinal fans. These were Sox fans rooting for the Cards. A few moments later, the Twins scored against the Sox. Dead silence. I can further assure you that there were probably more Cub fans in the bar than Sox fans.

It's sad and pathetic to watch these wretches root AGAINST a team not in their division or league, as opposed to simply rooting FOR their team. And the idea that these pathetic cock fellaters were rewarded for this kind of "fandom" with a WS win has got to rank up there with existence of cancer and Dick Cheney as proof there is no God.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.

Messages In This Thread
I'm beginning to understand the Sux & Cards angst - by BT - 05-22-2009, 11:14 AM