Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cubs have a Financial Incentive to Let Kevin Gregg Close
<!--quoteo(post=23726:date=Mar 17 2009, 07:40 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 17 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Man, it's hard to take a contrarian position on something... I wonder how KB does it all the time. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

But seriously, I think you guys are wrong to think that if there's a tie, money won't be factored in. That's just ludicrous to think it isn't in there somewhere.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There is a remote chance that Hendry says to Lou "If all things are exactly even, it would save us a few bucks if you make Gregg the closer", but I really really doubt it. For starters, it's amatuer hour. Secondly, if it ever got out, both Lou and Hendry's credibility would go out the window. Lastly, it's only a factor IF all of your assumptions are true, and I don't think they are. I don't think they believe Gregg is a one year rental, and if he isn't, then your plan would cost them a LOT more money than letting Marmol do it.

It would be VERY tough for Hendry to let Gregg walk if he is our closer for the whole year after letting Wood walk this year. Not gambling on Wood can be explained away by his injury history. Not so with Gregg. And if Gregg isn't our closer for the whole year, then your plan goes in the shitter anyway.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.

Messages In This Thread
The Cubs have a Financial Incentive to Let Kevin Gregg Close - by BT - 03-17-2009, 11:51 PM