Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cubs have a Financial Incentive to Let Kevin Gregg Close
<!--quoteo(post=23634:date=Mar 16 2009, 10:49 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 16 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm more concerned with ruining Marmol by overusing him in the 6th/7th/8th innings so often than about what it will cost to pay him in the future. You have to do whatever it takes to put the team in the best possible position to win consistently and disregard future monetary concerns. I'm still not sure whom I prefer, as one has never closed and the other is just above average at it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bingo. I'd rather Marmol close and throw probably 15 less innings in doing so than he would in his past role. Plus, I just hate blowing the game in the 9th inning more than anything, it drives me apeshit, and the last 3 outs are far and away the most difficult to get. I understand the arguments about closer being overrated, but I think way too many people are underrating it these days at the same time. Give me the best reliever there. It worked out alright for the Phillies last year.
@TheBlogfines

Messages In This Thread
The Cubs have a Financial Incentive to Let Kevin Gregg Close - by Clapp - 03-17-2009, 01:07 AM