Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Crap, ARod Tested Positive for Steroids!
<!--quoteo(post=16665:date=Feb 7 2009, 05:08 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Feb 7 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Every time this steroid issue comes up, I get this shitty feeling.

I love baseball. Love it. I enjoy just sitting and watching the Cubs. Chatting up rumors and trades with friends. Just analyzing each little decision or strategy used within a 9 inning game.

When I think about what an influence steroids have had on this game, I feel like I should disown baseball. I have principles, and no matter how much people tell me to just forget about it or get off my high horse, I can't stand knowing that I'm rooting for people that: 1. Have little faith in their own abilities and 2. Are polluting their own body for MY entertainment.

It sucks.

I can only hope that the game is a lot cleaner than it was. But, I feel like I'm only lying to myself when I think that. I just feel like a hypocrite, but I just love this game and the Cubs too much to do anything else.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

While I certainly understand your feelings, I guess I have to disagree. Because if we go by people not having faith in their own abilities, and are polluting their bodies for your entertainment, I can't:

-Root for any player who EVER took "greenies" or their equivalent. This is rampant. Read "Ball Four", if you haven't already.

-Watch (virtually) any television show or movie with a hot chick in it. Actresses (and actors to a lesser extent) have been sliced, diced, injected, lifted, and suctioned for quite some time, so they can continue to look "hot", and get parts

-Listen to any song in which a musician was forced to toke, drink, or inject, in order to get up in front of an audience.

-watch pretty much any sport in general.

I admire your principals, and I'd like to think that I share them. I just think that if we draw the line at self destruction as the line in the sand, we won't have any popular entertainment to look at.

Oh, and for the record, Bond and ARod, while scummy, are first round HOFers in my book.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.

Messages In This Thread
Holy Crap, ARod Tested Positive for Steroids! - by BT - 02-09-2009, 02:36 PM