Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Cuban speaks about his failed Cubs bid
<!--quoteo(post=9359:date=Jan 6 2009, 11:15 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 6 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9357:date=Jan 6 2009, 11:14 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 6 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9353:date=Jan 6 2009, 11:08 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 6 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9350:date=Jan 6 2009, 11:04 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 6 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think Tom and Butch should re-read that last paragraph, and let it fester.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I've read it twice and I don't understand it. Why are they treated as equals when the Cubs should clearly have more leverage? Who is treating them as equals, and why? Who is enforcing it? It makes no business sense at all.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Because Reinsdorf is a master negotiator and the Trib guys are complete pussies?
To me, that seems obvious.
Well, that should change under new ownership whether it ends up being Cuban or not.
You mean those new guys who are hand-picked by Bud Selig and his very best friend in the whole world?
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance

Messages In This Thread
Mark Cuban speaks about his failed Cubs bid - by kbwsb - 01-06-2009, 01:17 PM