Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
I honestly couldn't imagine booing any player at a game for even the stupidest of plays. It's completely onanistic and--I believe--counterproductive. Now, if someone was acting like an asshole (let's say, throwing at a batter's head or trying to pick a fight), I'd boo.

Concerning umpires, on the other hand . . .
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

yep...booing your own team is retarded unless somebody is doing something incredibly unsportsmanlike or blatantly lazy.
I'm really not sure why we haven't DFA'd him yet.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
has there been any talk that moving him to 6th is likely helping his as a hitter as it's forcing him to be more patient and not just look first pitch fast ball all the time?
He sucks.
<!--quoteo(post=94806:date=May 4 2010, 07:02 PM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ May 4 2010, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->has there been any talk that moving him to 6th is likely helping his as a hitter as it's forcing him to be more patient and not just look first pitch fast ball all the time?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Len said earlier he's not really swinging at the first pitch this year. I think this is all Rudy's doing...
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=94808:date=May 4 2010, 08:04 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ May 4 2010, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94806:date=May 4 2010, 07:02 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ May 4 2010, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->has there been any talk that moving him to 6th is likely helping his as a hitter as it's forcing him to be more patient and not just look first pitch fast ball all the time?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Len said earlier he's not really swinging at the first pitch this year. I think this is all Rudy's doing...
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Rudy was booing?
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=94809:date=May 4 2010, 07:10 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ May 4 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94808:date=May 4 2010, 08:04 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ May 4 2010, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94806:date=May 4 2010, 07:02 PM:name=phan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phan @ May 4 2010, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->has there been any talk that moving him to 6th is likely helping his as a hitter as it's forcing him to be more patient and not just look first pitch fast ball all the time?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Rudy was booing?
He was saying "Boo-urns"

- Butcher
Can we DFA Ramirez instead?
<!--quoteo(post=94811:date=May 4 2010, 07:18 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ May 4 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we DFA Ramirez instead?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't know if this needs its own thread, but I was listening to Kaplan's post game show on WGN and he said that Ramirez has refused to work with Rudy on his hitting. It's not that he has a problem with Rudy but that he feels he is a veteran hitter and he should be able to work out his problems himself. Again, this is according to Kaplan, for what that's worth.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=94840:date=May 4 2010, 10:03 PM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ May 4 2010, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94811:date=May 4 2010, 07:18 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 4 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we DFA Ramirez instead?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't know if this needs its own thread, but I was listening to Kaplan's post game show on WGN and he said that Ramirez has refused to work with Rudy on his hitting. It's not that he has a problem with Rudy but that he feels he is a veteran hitter and he should be able to work out his problems himself. Again, this is according to Kaplan, for what that's worth.
Maybe once his BA drops below .100, he will take some help.
<!--quoteo(post=94840:date=May 4 2010, 10:03 PM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ May 4 2010, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94811:date=May 4 2010, 07:18 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 4 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we DFA Ramirez instead?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If true (doubtful) then Lou needs to put his boot up Rami's ass.

If it's from Kaplan, it isn't worth much.
yeah sounds like bullshit to me. Everything I've ever heard and seen about Rammy is that he is a quiet, easy going guy. Doesn't seem like the type to refuse to work with a hitting coach. Some guys on the team I might believe it, but not Aramis.
A. M. A. R. M. I. S.

C'mon people, we're not helping here.