Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano
<!--quoteo(post=87384:date=Apr 9 2010, 10:10 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 9 2010, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What percentage of the time do our starters not even make it through five or six? We definitely need a reliable fireman. Maybe Marshall is best where he is...ready to pick up the starter who's getting shelled.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We'll see how durable our rotation is after we go through Gorzelanny and Silva once or twice. Hopefully Lilly is back soon, but I don't expect him to be a workhorse until after 4-5 starts at least. This early in the season since SPs aren't stretched out, the pen is critical. I just get the feeling that Marshall will be overused.
Lilly and Z averaged 6 innings per start last season...Dempster averaged 6.45...Wells, 6.11. Zambrano may show more games than starts...I assume his pinch hit appearances contribute to his games total.
<!--quoteo(post=87388:date=Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 9 2010, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Zambrano may show more games than starts...I assume his pinch hit appearances contribute to his games total.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It doesn't. Games pitched and games are different.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.