Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best of the Rest...
So I'm bored as all get out, and I was perusing the list of free agents still on the market. I decided what the hell, I'll try to make a full team out of these guys.

Here is what I came up with:

1B: Hank Blalock
2B: Orlando Hudson
SS: Felipe Lopez (I know he's not a SS, but the SS's out there are weak-sauce)
3B: Joe Crede
LF: Johnny Damon
CF: Rocco Baldelli
RF: Jermaine Dye
C: Yorvit Torrealba

Bench: Nomar, Rich Aurilia, Marcus Thames, Gary Sheffield, Alfredo Amezaga, Rod Barajas

SPs: Chien-Ming Wang, Livan Hernandez, Paul Byrd, Jarrod Washburn, Pedro Martinez
Pen: Chan Ho Park, Scott Schoeneweis, Joe Beimel, Kiko Calero, Jeff Weaver, Jorge Julio

How does this team do? 70-92?
"Last year, I was sort of a kid and I was a little scared, I ain't scared any more."
Quote:- Hank Aaron
I was kinda hoping we'd take a look at Lopez at the right price.
<!--quoteo(post=78335:date=Feb 2 2010, 09:44 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 2 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I was kinda hoping we'd take a look at Lopez at the right price.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It makes no sense to not take a look at him. But the Cubs are in love with the Fontenot/Bake platoon [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Blalock use to be such a promising young player.
This has to be the worst offseason in years.
It's like watching paint dry.
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
<!--quoteo(post=78344:date=Feb 2 2010, 10:59 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Feb 2 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Blalock use to be such a promising young player.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wonder what sort of salary he'll command. He's been banged up for the past couple of seasons, and his comeback year in 2009 did not go as planned.

Still, I'm surprised no one has taken a flyer on him yet. He used to be able to play 3B as well.
"Last year, I was sort of a kid and I was a little scared, I ain't scared any more."
Quote:- Hank Aaron
I think Blalock is a Pirate.

Edit: I guess he isn't yet. I remember they were heavily into him at some point this off-season, as only the Pirates can be into a player like that.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=78332:date=Feb 2 2010, 09:37 AM:name=BackyardLegend)-->QUOTE (BackyardLegend @ Feb 2 2010, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So I'm bored as all get out, and I was perusing the list of free agents still on the market. I decided what the hell, I'll try to make a full team out of these guys.

Here is what I came up with:

1B: Hank Blalock
2B: Orlando Hudson
SS: Felipe Lopez (I know he's not a SS, but the SS's out there are weak-sauce)
3B: Joe Crede
LF: Johnny Damon
CF: Rocco Baldelli
RF: Jermaine Dye
C: Yorvit Torrealba

Bench: Nomar, Rich Aurilia, Marcus Thames, Gary Sheffield, Alfredo Amezaga, Rod Barajas

SPs: Chien-Ming Wang, Livan Hernandez, Paul Byrd, Jarrod Washburn, Pedro Martinez
Pen: Chan Ho Park, Scott Schoeneweis, Joe Beimel, Kiko Calero, Jeff Weaver, Jorge Julio

How does this team do? 70-92?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That team would probably finish ahead of a handful of real teams.