Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cubs' 2008 baseball reference page
Look at the sponsorship for this page:

2008 Cubs page

Our best regular season in how many years and some douchebag Cards fans have to shit on it with that? Makes me want to sponsor all of their players and team pages and shit all over them. Starting with Ozzie Smith (if he weren't already sponsored).

OK. Letting it go... *sigh*
<!--quoteo(post=74061:date=Jan 5 2010, 11:01 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 5 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Look at the sponsorship for this page:

2008 Cubs page

Our best regular season in how many years and some douchebag Cards fans have to shit on it with that? Makes me want to sponsor all of their players and team pages and shit all over them. Starting with Ozzie Smith (if he weren't already sponsored).

OK. Letting it go... *sigh*<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Whats ironic is that you are complaining about this while having Holliday's dropped ball as your avatar. Butch, you really need to learn to laugh at yourself a little bit. It makes life much more pleasurable. There's too much hate in the world already.
<!--quoteo(post=74064:date=Jan 5 2010, 11:18 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jan 5 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=74061:date=Jan 5 2010, 11:01 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 5 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Look at the sponsorship for this page:

2008 Cubs page

Whats ironic is that you are complaining about this while having Holliday's dropped ball as your avatar. Butch, you really need to learn to laugh at yourself a little bit. It makes life much more pleasurable. There's too much hate in the world already.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Could you make some more posts where you complain about other people being condescending?
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=74065:date=Jan 5 2010, 11:18 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jan 5 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=74064:date=Jan 5 2010, 11:18 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jan 5 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=74061:date=Jan 5 2010, 11:01 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 5 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Look at the sponsorship for this page:

2008 Cubs page

Could you make some more posts where you complain about other people being condescending?
Perhaps, do you have any requests?
<!--quoteo(post=74061:date=Jan 5 2010, 11:01 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 5 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Look at the sponsorship for this page:

2008 Cubs page

Start with David Freese's page and link it to Ace's write-up of his DUI arrest. Freese's page only costs $10. You could throw in a link to the video of LaRussa'a DUI interview for extra gits and shiggles.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=74067:date=Jan 5 2010, 10:26 AM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Jan 5 2010, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=74061:date=Jan 5 2010, 11:01 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 5 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Look at the sponsorship for this page:

2008 Cubs page

Start with David Freese's page and link it to Ace's write-up of his DUI arrest. Freese's page only costs $10. You could throw in a link to the video of LaRussa'a DUI interview for extra gits and shiggles.
That's a good start.
The difference is that this is a private community, not a public site like baseball-reference.com. If I wanna change my avatar to a pic of LaRussa in bunny drag, I will, no questions asked.
<!--quoteo(post=74072:date=Jan 5 2010, 10:50 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 5 2010, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The difference is that this is a private community, not a public site like baseball-reference.com. If I wanna change my avatar to a pic of LaRussa in bunny drag, I will, no questions asked.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Also, whoever did that actually *paid* to reserve that space to taunt whatever Cubs fan visits that page. I'm guessing not a lot of Cards fans come to this site. And if they did, they'd know what to expect. I wasn't expecting shit-talk from some Cards fan douchebag when I went to the Cubs baseball-reference page.
Butch, you are letting the terrorists win.
First off, I'm a Coldneck fan, but how you can defend that shit is beyond me. That is beyond fucked up.

Second, I will never ever understand the hatred Cardinals fans have for the Cubs. It makes no sense at all. If I was a Cardinal fan, I wouldn't think twice about the Cubs. They wouldn"t matter an iota. It would be like me putting all my hate into the Detroit Lions.

Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=74087:date=Jan 5 2010, 12:42 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jan 5 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->First off, I'm a Coldneck fan, but how you can defend that shit is beyond me. That is beyond fucked up.

Second, I will never ever understand the hatred Cardinals fans have for the Cubs. It makes no sense at all. If I was a Cardinal fan, I wouldn't think twice about the Cubs. They wouldn"t matter an iota. It would be like me putting all my hate into the Detroit Lions.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ouch.
I'm surprised Baseball Reference puts up with that crap on what should be considered a premium page.

And I'm surprised some Dbag wasted his/her money on it.

I understand why people care - but I'd just write this off as some asshat who unfortunately will someday breed a legion off little asshats getting his rocks off by thinking about how much he pisses off people like Butch.

For my $50, I can think of much better things to do.
<!--quoteo(post=74091:date=Jan 5 2010, 01:08 PM:name=cherp)-->QUOTE (cherp @ Jan 5 2010, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm surprised Baseball Reference puts up with that crap on what should be considered a premium page.

I understand why people care - but I'd just write this off as some asshat who unfortunately will someday breed a legion off little asshats getting his rocks off by thinking about how much he pisses off people like Butch.

For my $50, I can think of much better things to do.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So...It was you.
<!--quoteo(post=74093:date=Jan 5 2010, 01:09 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jan 5 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=74091:date=Jan 5 2010, 01:08 PM:name=cherp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cherp @ Jan 5 2010, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm surprised Baseball Reference puts up with that crap on what should be considered a premium page.

For my $50, I can think of much better things to do.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So...It was you.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=74091:date=Jan 5 2010, 12:08 PM:name=cherp)-->QUOTE (cherp @ Jan 5 2010, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm surprised Baseball Reference puts up with that crap on what should be considered a premium page.

Exactly, you've been taunting us for years, and it didn't cost you a dime.