Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinals Coaching Moves
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/10/card...ting-coach.html
<!--quoteo(post=67203:date=Oct 25 2009, 05:03 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Oct 25 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/10/card...ting-coach.html<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That doesn't make much sense after the completely black balled him the past few years.
Take these and swing really hard.

There, why didn't the Cards just hire me? Do I not have good enough dealers?
<!--quoteo(post=67225:date=Oct 25 2009, 06:24 PM:name=Dave)-->QUOTE (Dave @ Oct 25 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Take these and swing really hard.

There, why didn't the Cards just hire me? Do I not have good enough dealers?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
The McGwire jokes practically write themselves.
Will McGwire and Pujols compare gonad shrinkage?
The 'roids issue aside, how would this make any sense? Since when do swing-for-the-fences power hitters make good hitting coaches? What do guys that muscle the ball out of the yard know about struggling with the subtle mechanics of hitting. You got someone slumping from .298 to .226 and a guy like McGwire is your Charlie Lau? I just don't see it.

Then you toss in the PR hit...and this just seems stupid as hell.

In other words... COOL!
I agree Straw. It makes no sense to me as well. Maybe LaRussa said he wasn't coming back unless his butt buddy was hired.
Jstraw took most of my thunder, but in what way is McGwire qualified as a hitting coach? I know you don't have to have been a great hitter in order to be a hitting coach (as I'm hoping Jaramillo proves), but really? A guy who hit .263, walked a lot, and hit some (possibly) chemically aided home runs? Does this mean Sosa is qualified?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=67225:date=Oct 25 2009, 07:24 PM:name=Dave)-->QUOTE (Dave @ Oct 25 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Take these and swing really hard.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Quote of the week?
I was laughing about this yesterday with my dad while watching part of the ALCS. Truly the classiest organization in the game. If we were to do this with Sosa, the media shit storm would never end, but this I'm sure will be lauded as a nice gesture intended to mend broken feelings and will be spun as all about redemption and happiness and puppy dogs and rainbows. Gotta love the double standards in this game. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puke.gif[/img]
This should get him into the HOF.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
I'm shocked that they'd do this. I don't get it.
the only thing preventing sosa from being the most kickass hitting coach ever is his inability to speak english.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=67284:date=Oct 26 2009, 01:50 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Oct 26 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->the only thing preventing sosa from being the most kickass hitting coach ever is his inability to speak english.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"Dese fokeen guys...dey no fokeen heet."