Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peavy Talk
<!--quoteo(post=3806:date=Dec 11 2008, 01:26 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 11 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm moving on. Let's get an OF and I can go back to hating Jake Penis.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No shit, fuck him. He's best friends with Cock Oswalt.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=3808:date=Dec 11 2008, 01:27 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 11 2008, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If we wouldn;t have resigned Dempster, this would be a big deal. But we did resign Dempster, so it's not. Let's move on to signing another corner OFer and filling out the bench.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Agreed.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=3818:date=Dec 11 2008, 12:45 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 11 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3806:date=Dec 11 2008, 01:26 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 11 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm moving on. Let's get an OF and I can go back to hating Jake Penis.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i'd kill to have cock oswalt on the staff.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=3822:date=Dec 11 2008, 01:49 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 11 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3818:date=Dec 11 2008, 12:45 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 11 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3806:date=Dec 11 2008, 01:26 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 11 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm moving on. Let's get an OF and I can go back to hating Jake Penis.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i'd kill to have cock at full staff.

fixed
<!--quoteo(post=3817:date=Dec 11 2008, 12:45 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 11 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->you could do a lot worse than randy johnson as your #5.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You could do a lot worse than Jason Marquis as your #5 also.
<!--quoteo(post=3818:date=Dec 11 2008, 12:45 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 11 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3806:date=Dec 11 2008, 01:26 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 11 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm moving on. Let's get an OF and I can go back to hating Jake Penis.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And fuck Brooks and Dunne.
<!--quoteo(post=3804:date=Dec 11 2008, 12:25 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Dec 11 2008, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The on-again, off-again negotiations between the Cubs and San Diego Padres for pitcher Jake Peavy are over.

The Cubs informed the Padres they're moving on without the 2007 NL Cy Young winner.

Jim Hendry is expected to speak to the media at approximately 1 p.m.

The San Diego Union Tribune first reported that talks are over today, the last full day of baseball's Winter Meetings.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Is this 1pm pacific or has Hendry already announced his donut?
<!--quoteo(post=3861:date=Dec 11 2008, 02:23 PM:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 11 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3804:date=Dec 11 2008, 12:25 PM:name=vegascub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vegascub @ Dec 11 2008, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The on-again, off-again negotiations between the Cubs and San Diego Padres for pitcher Jake Peavy are over.

The Cubs informed the Padres they're moving on without the 2007 NL Cy Young winner.

Jim Hendry is expected to speak to the media at approximately 1 p.m.

The San Diego Union Tribune first reported that talks are over today, the last full day of baseball's Winter Meetings.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Is this 1pm pacific or has Hendry already announced his donut?

Hendry already announced talks were over. There's an article on ESPN.

My guess is that this could crop up again, if Towers realizes that Peavy is making 1/4 of the Padres payroll, and pretty much only wants to come to the cubs. If he lowers his asking price, and the Cubs can clear some salary, it might happen.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->LAS VEGAS -– Barry Aexelrod, the agent for Jake Peavy, doesn't sound like a guy who wants his client to stay put.

His take on the Cubs' decision to break off talks is that San Diego Padres' general manager Kevin Towers was unrealistic in his trade demands. He reportedly wanted top prospect Josh Vitters and pitchers Sean Marshall and Angel Guzman, among others, from the Cubs.

"Objectively understanding where you stand with your negotiation position helps you to be successful," Axelrod told Tim Sullivan of the San Diego Union-Tribune. "The Padres asked for too much."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....-padres-as.html
I don't know how I'm going to survive. I obviously can't ask bart because he's nowhere to be found.
<!--quoteo(post=3886:date=Dec 11 2008, 02:54 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Dec 11 2008, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->LAS VEGAS -– Barry Aexelrod, the agent for Jake Peavy, doesn't sound like a guy who wants his client to stay put.

His take on the Cubs' decision to break off talks is that San Diego Padres' general manager Kevin Towers was unrealistic in his trade demands. He reportedly wanted top prospect Josh Vitters and pitchers Sean Marshall and Angel Guzman, among others, from the Cubs.

"Objectively understanding where you stand with your negotiation position helps you to be successful," Axelrod told Tim Sullivan of the San Diego Union-Tribune. "The Padres asked for too much."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollin.gif[/img]

Towers is a Putz.
<!--quoteo(post=3886:date=Dec 11 2008, 03:54 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Dec 11 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->LAS VEGAS -– Barry Aexelrod, the agent for Jake Peavy, doesn't sound like a guy who wants his client to stay put.

That's why I'm starting to think this isn't over yet. Especially if Hendry isn't pursuing Johnson. In that ESPN article, Hendry said ""We're fine," he said. "We've got Sean Marshall. We could get [Jeff] Samardzija ready to start. We've still got Marquis. So we've got options.". To me that says he is leaving a spot open if the Padres, who literally hold NO cards in this, decide to drop their offer.

I'm actually pretty impressed with Hendry. The Cubs should be the ones coming out of this smelling like roses, and trading DeRosa, Vitters, Guzman, Pie and maybe another prospect or two, PLUS paying 63 million for Peavy, AND paying at least half of Marquis' salary if we can trade him, would be the exact opposite of that.

My guess is that if Towers lowers his demands to a lesser package of prospects, while taking on Marquis and a good portion of his salary, Hendry would do it. Towers has to get a deal done, probably this year, since Peavy's contract goes up to 15 million next year. The pressure should be on HIM.

If we don't sign another starter, I think that's a sign that Hendry still thinks he can get Peavy at a reduced rate.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Sorry if this was already posted.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->However, the Cubs remain optimistic that they can acquire Peavy, all but ignoring Towers’ self-imposed deadline. A Cubs’ source said that Peavy wants to pitch for the Cubs, but that the deal became too complicated, involving three or four teams and numerous players. The Cubs were unable to unload starter Jason Marquis and his $9.875 salary for 2009, a condition of taking on Peavy’s existing contract that runs through 2012.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

MIKEY!? MIKEY!? COME KILL THIS ALREADY!!!
<!--quoteo(post=3900:date=Dec 11 2008, 04:36 PM:name=wcplummer)-->QUOTE (wcplummer @ Dec 11 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->MIKEY!? MIKEY!? COME KILL THIS ALREADY!!!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Never!