Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Figured you guys would enjoy this
So a British paper did an article on the recent crackdown by Twitter and other social networking sites of people posing as celebrities on fake accounts..

The article references LaRussa and lists his lawsuit as one of the reasons Twitter started to crackdown..

Their description of LaRussa was priceless..

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Twitter has decided to act after <b>Tony La Russa, the coach of an obscure American baseball team</b>, launched a legal action over a fake account. He claimed that postings in which he appeared to make light of the death of two of his players had been ‘hurtful’.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Entire article found here.
That's golden [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
It's not like he's the coach for Manchester United or something really important.
That's freaking hilarious.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Generally speaking, I think most Brits consider the entire sport of baseball to be obscure in itself.

Of the several conversations I have had over the years with Brits, they really dislike baseball in general. And it seems the one thing they really have a problem with is that we call it the World Series when we are the only ones in the world playing it.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=63844:date=Sep 21 2009, 08:58 AM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Sep 21 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Generally speaking, I think most Brits consider the entire sport of baseball to be obscure in itself.

Of the several conversations I have had over the years with Brits, they really dislike baseball in general. And it seems the one thing they really have a problem with is that we call it the World Series when we are the only ones in the world playing it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
They also dislike the fact that we stole the name football for another obscure sport that only we are good at.
<!--quoteo(post=63844:date=Sep 21 2009, 08:58 AM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Sep 21 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Generally speaking, I think most Brits consider the entire sport of baseball to be obscure in itself.

Of the several conversations I have had over the years with Brits, they really dislike baseball in general. And it seems the one thing they really have a problem with is that we call it the World Series when we are the only ones in the world playing it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I've heard the same from one of my friends. He didn't dislike the sport, just had no real interest in it and didn't like the idea of a "World Series" that had 1 Canadian team and 29 US teams.
I got nothin'.

Andy
British people should brush their teeth and wear deoderant.

This is true. When America first presented the game of baseball to them back in the late 1800's (some pros were making a tour to several countries around the world to demonstrate the game), the Brits weren't impressed and they thought we copied it from Cricket and their children's game called "Rounders". So they haven't liked it from the start.
<!--quoteo(post=63899:date=Sep 21 2009, 02:44 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Sep 21 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63844:date=Sep 21 2009, 08:58 AM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Sep 21 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Generally speaking, I think most Brits consider the entire sport of baseball to be obscure in itself.

This is true. When America first presented the game of baseball to them back in the late 1800's (some pros were making a tour to several countries around the world to demonstrate the game), the Brits weren't impressed and they thought we copied it from Cricket and their children's game called "Rounders". <b>So they haven't liked it from the start.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Much like shampoo.
<!--quoteo(post=63907:date=Sep 21 2009, 03:42 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Sep 21 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63899:date=Sep 21 2009, 02:44 PM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Sep 21 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63844:date=Sep 21 2009, 08:58 AM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Sep 21 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Generally speaking, I think most Brits consider the entire sport of baseball to be obscure in itself.

This is true. When America first presented the game of baseball to them back in the late 1800's (some pros were making a tour to several countries around the world to demonstrate the game), the Brits weren't impressed and they thought we copied it from Cricket and their children's game called "Rounders". <b>So they haven't liked it from the start.</b>
Much like shampoo.

And orthodontia.
<!--quoteo(post=63930:date=Sep 21 2009, 05:58 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Sep 21 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63907:date=Sep 21 2009, 03:42 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Sep 21 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63899:date=Sep 21 2009, 02:44 PM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Sep 21 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63844:date=Sep 21 2009, 08:58 AM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Sep 21 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Generally speaking, I think most Brits consider the entire sport of baseball to be obscure in itself.

Much like shampoo.

And orthodontia.
And food that isn't really crappy.
So.....Cubs fans are not only racists, but anglophobes as well?
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=63992:date=Sep 22 2009, 09:32 AM:name=Lance)-->QUOTE (Lance @ Sep 22 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So.....Cubs fans are not only racists, but anglophobes as well?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They're our former colonial masters. They have it coming.
i hate white people.
Wang.