Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peavy Talk
<!--quoteo(post=3546:date=Dec 10 2008, 07:36 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 10 2008, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3539:date=Dec 10 2008, 08:30 PM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 10 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What's this DeRosa for Jason Donald/Carlos Carasco rumor? Someone on NSBB mentioned it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can't see the Phillies trading 2 of their top prospects for 1 year of DeRosa.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can't either. That's why I was wondering if someone on there just made it up or if it was actually mentioned somewhere.
<!--quoteo(post=3546:date=Dec 10 2008, 08:36 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 10 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3539:date=Dec 10 2008, 08:30 PM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 10 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What's this DeRosa for Jason Donald/Carlos Carasco rumor? Someone on NSBB mentioned it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can't see the Phillies trading 2 of their top prospects for 1 year of DeRosa.

But man, if they would....
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=3487:date=Dec 10 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 10 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Eh. You get no cred if you say it gets done, anymore. Only way is to say it doesn't get done (which was always probably a 50/50 thing), and then when it doesn't, you called it. And if it does, no one cares because we've got Peavy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

O RLY??

<!--quoteo(post=289:date=yesterday... Waaay before Ace!:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ yesterday... Waaay before Ace!) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It could be. But I'm guessing that he knows it's difficult for trades in general to get done, so he's saying it isn't going to happen so he can look more credible if it doesn't. And if he's wrong, nobody will care because of the euphoria over the trade.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[Image: 4Chan20070528134445.gif]
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec--><b>Mega-trade to land Peavy proposed</b>

LAS VEGAS -- Jake Peavy and Mark DeRosa may be changing teams after all.

ESPN's Steve Phillips reported a possible three-team, seven-player scenario on Wednesday that would help the Cubs net Peavy, the 2007 Cy Young winner, who has made it clear to the Padres that he wants to pitch for Chicago.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=3550:date=Dec 10 2008, 08:41 PM:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 10 2008, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3487:date=Dec 10 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 10 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Eh. You get no cred if you say it gets done, anymore. Only way is to say it doesn't get done (which was always probably a 50/50 thing), and then when it doesn't, you called it. And if it does, no one cares because we've got Peavy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

O RLY??

<!--quoteo(post=289:date=yesterday... Waaay before Ace!:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ yesterday... Waaay before Ace!) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It could be. But I'm guessing that he knows it's difficult for trades in general to get done, so he's saying it isn't going to happen so he can look more credible if it doesn't. And if he's wrong, nobody will care because of the euphoria over the trade.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] My bust.
This would actually be much worse than the Roberts (no) deal. This entire process has been much more out in the open, and if it doesn't get done I'll be frustrated and sad. It's not even that I want Peavy that much, it's just that I've gotten my hopes up and expect him to be a Cub soon, even though my better judgment tells me I'll be disappointed one way or the other.
And I love that fucking squirrel.
1) None of these reporters have any clue what so ever

2) Cubs ain't getting Peavy. I bet my left nut on it.

3) Most we will get is an aging veteran that is worth a bucket of balls. I bet my right nut on it.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->8:31pm: Jayson Stark says Peavy to the Cubs doesn't seem inevitable anymore, and the sides have not made progress in the last 24 hours. The Cubs have leverage, so they've dug in their heels. Stark adds that once word of the possible inclusion of DeRosa linked, Jim Hendry has been "bombarded with calls from other clubs interested" in him. Hendry does not want to trade DeRosa.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
So, this is shaping up to be Brian Roberts 2.0? Awesome. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Yo, Kevin Towers
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=3570:date=Dec 10 2008, 09:30 PM:name=Dingo)-->QUOTE (Dingo @ Dec 10 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->1) None of these reporters have any clue what so ever

3) Most we will get is an aging veteran that is worth a bucket of balls. I bet my right nut on it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Man, now I hope the trade doesn't go through, just so you and your nuts don't have to part ways.
Apparently the Cubs have made some inquiries about Figgins.
<!--quoteo(post=3588:date=Dec 10 2008, 09:08 PM:name=jeffy777)-->QUOTE (jeffy777 @ Dec 10 2008, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3570:date=Dec 10 2008, 09:30 PM:name=Dingo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dingo @ Dec 10 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->1) None of these reporters have any clue what so ever

3) Most we will get is an aging veteran that is worth a bucket of balls. I bet my right nut on it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Man, now I hope the trade doesn't go through, just so you and your nuts don't have to part ways.
fuck that. dingo can lose his nuts if we get peavy
Link.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cubs were to reply to Towers Wednesday night and again Thursday, when the winter meetings will end.

Towers said his talks with Cubs GM Jim Hendry Wednesday were the lengthiest of a process that began several weeks ago.

“They know our position,” Towers said. “It's kind of in their hands.”

The consensus among several clubs not involved in the trade is that the Padres, who are exploring new ownership and slashing their payroll, need to move Peavy's $63 million contract this offseason.

Padres CEO Sandy Alderson has said that the trade must make “baseball sense.”<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->