Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Try and get through this article
And realize, the Cubs have a BETTER record than the White Sox, they've made the playoffs the last 2 years while the Sox had to win a play in game to get into the playoffs last year.

I'm not saying the Cubs are perfectly run, nor am I saying we don't have huge problems, but how does this woman get paid to write columns which are wrong on almost every point? I don't have the time to go through it point by point, but it's really awful.

Cubs need to do it the Sox way!
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
That bitch is dumber than a box of rocks.
So all that you have to do is constantly remind people that you are trying to win a championship every season, and all is forgiven even when you suck and your plan blows up in your face? Sign me up.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->I'm reminded of Sox general manager Ken Williams' recent comments about his team. Despite the fact that the Sox are rebuilding on the fly, despite the fact that they've been hovering around the .500 mark all season, Williams sees his team as a World Series contender. And he's not shy about saying so.

''There is no way to end the season other than to win it all,'' he said. ''You lose in the first round, second round or the last round, you're still ending up on the couch, flipping through the channels and saying, 'What if, what if, what if?' You either win it or you don't.''<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->When Williams went after Jake Peavy, the Sox had enough good prospects to make the deal. In contrast, the Cubs' minor-league system is threadbare.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, you worthless twit, we couldn't take on more payroll because of the ownership transfer. We had players that the Pads wanted. Wow, this retard continues to embarrass herself with worthless drivel.
I hope emails are being sent to her.
<!--quoteo(post=59909:date=Aug 25 2009, 09:22 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 25 2009, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So all that you have to do is constantly remind people that you are trying to win a championship every season, and all is forgiven even when you suck and your plan blows up in your face? Sign me up.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->I'm reminded of Sox general manager Ken Williams' recent comments about his team. Despite the fact that the Sox are rebuilding on the fly, despite the fact that they've been hovering around the .500 mark all season, Williams sees his team as a World Series contender. And he's not shy about saying so.

''There is no way to end the season other than to win it all,'' he said. ''You lose in the first round, second round or the last round, you're still ending up on the couch, flipping through the channels and saying, 'What if, what if, what if?' You either win it or you don't.''<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's sort of the point that I was trying to make back when I was pointing out how often Kenny tells people he is trying to win a championship. It's nice and all, but really, what effect does it have? Who thinks it actually makes a difference?

Apparently Carol Slezak.

I'm pretty busy at work today, but I was going to try to fire off an email with a polite refutation of her points, specifically her minor league comparison.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
It's amazing how many White Sox fans think that because they are 3.5 out of first and we're 8 out of first, that they are an awesome team and we suck.
<!--quoteo(post=59917:date=Aug 25 2009, 09:51 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 25 2009, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's amazing how many White Sox fans think that because they are 3.5 out of first and we're 8 out of first, that they are an awesome team and we suck.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And they also still believe that the AL Central is world's better than the NL Central. The almighty Tigers are essentially the Brewers of the AL.
Is it any wonder that newspapers are dying? There's got to be a few thousand recent journalism school graduates who could do a far better job.
<!--quoteo(post=59905:date=Aug 25 2009, 09:11 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Aug 25 2009, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Try and get through this article<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I couldn't even get through the title before I started laughing.
i won't read anything by that dunt.
Wang.
Here's a gem from Mariotti, who thinks that Cubs fans should boycott the team in spite of new ownership.

http://jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/2009/08/2...cott-cubs-fans/
And better yet, Rosendouche thinks Ricketts should hire Steve Stone to be the new GM:

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....-president.html
There's a reason I haven't read a Sun-Times or Tribune article (unless posted here) in over two years.
I think it's cool that one of the new owners is a lesbian.

Neither the Mariotti article nor the Steve Stone for GM article bothered me. They were both interesting takes on the Cub situation. Both basically said that sweeping changes are needed, and I know it's the minority opinion around here, but I am in that camp. Stone wouldn't be my first choice for GM, but I think he could possibly be a good GM.

From what I've seen, "spending money wisely" seems to be the single most important quality a GM can possess. Jim lacks this skill, obviously, so it tends to overshadow his other strengths.

I'm very curious how the new owners will operate. I just pray that they don't hire someone that Selid/Reinsdorf are pushing, because neither have the Cub's best interests in mind. At all.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance