Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The '69 swoon...can we top that?
I don't know if we *will,* but it sure looks like we're going to try.
it doesn't matter if we lose every game for the rest of the year, it will never match the heartbreak of '69.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=59502:date=Aug 22 2009, 03:55 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 22 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->it doesn't matter if we lose every game for the rest of the year, it will never match the heartbreak of '69.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

*Scarey meltdown in 3-2-1...*

We will probably make that swing. Maybe.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

The Cubs are 7-14 in their last 21...
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.
This team was built for October.
<!--quoteo(post=59532:date=Aug 22 2009, 06:21 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Aug 22 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.
This team was built for October.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It will be a glorious October for them, playing golf and fishing, yes.
My guess is that we are decent from here on out. We won't challenge for any post season spot, but we'll beat up on the bad teams.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=59544:date=Aug 23 2009, 12:21 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Aug 23 2009, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->My guess is that we are decent from here on out. We won't challenge for any post season spot, but we'll beat up on the bad teams.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Which would be alright, as I'm just glad we wont be embarrassed in the playoffs again
I'm with Butch: if we aren't making the playoffs, let them lose every game.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.