Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peavy Talk
<!--quoteo(post=2838:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:44 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 9 2008, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->New Dunn - RBI - Clutch'ness thread: here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune writes that it would "be a stunner" if the Cubs don't acquire Jake Peavy by the end of this week's winter meetings.
A four-team deal could be in the works with Peavy heading to Chicago, Mark DeRosa to Philadelphia, and Felix Pie to Baltimore. The Padres would receive Garrett Olson, J.A. Happ and Sean Marshall. The Cubs would also like to unload Jason Marquis and some of his $9.5 million 2009 salary on either the Orioles or Phillies. It seems like an excellent deal for the Cubs, who would open the '09 season with a rotation of Peavy, Carlos Zambrano, Ryan Dempster, Rich Harden and Ted Lilly. Dec. 9 - 11:38 am et<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=2845:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:50 AM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 9 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2838:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:44 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 9 2008, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->New Dunn - RBI - Clutch'ness thread: here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

FUCK. I saw there was a new post in the Peavy thread, and thought there was new information on it, then I click on it, and all I see is this. I can't handle all this non-peavy talk.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=2854:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:54 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Dec 9 2008, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2845:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:50 AM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 9 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2838:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:44 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 9 2008, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->New Dunn - RBI - Clutch'ness thread: here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks

FUCK. I saw there was a new post in the Peavy thread, and thought there was new information on it, then I click on it, and all I see is this. I can't handle all this non-peavy talk.

Why are you being such a prick for such a basic request?
<!--quoteo(post=2850:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:53 AM:name=deputymayor)-->QUOTE (deputymayor @ Dec 9 2008, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune writes that it would "be a stunner" if the Cubs don't acquire Jake Peavy by the end of this week's winter meetings.
A four-team deal could be in the works with Peavy heading to Chicago, Mark DeRosa to Philadelphia, and Felix Pie to Baltimore. The Padres would receive Garrett Olson, J.A. Happ and Sean Marshall. The Cubs would also like to unload Jason Marquis and some of his $9.5 million 2009 salary on either the Orioles or Phillies. It seems like an excellent deal for the Cubs, who would open the '09 season with a rotation of Peavy, Carlos Zambrano, Ryan Dempster, Rich Harden and Ted Lilly. Dec. 9 - 11:38 am et<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So just Pie, DeRosa, and Marshall? They must have soured on Vitters.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=2850:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:53 AM:name=deputymayor)-->QUOTE (deputymayor @ Dec 9 2008, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune writes that it would "be a stunner" if the Cubs don't acquire Jake Peavy by the end of this week's winter meetings.

I don't know how I would feel about trading DeRosa. It would create a rather big offensive hole.
<!--quoteo(post=2857:date=Dec 9 2008, 11:00 AM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Dec 9 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2850:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:53 AM:name=deputymayor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deputymayor @ Dec 9 2008, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune writes that it would "be a stunner" if the Cubs don't acquire Jake Peavy by the end of this week's winter meetings.

So just Pie, DeRosa, and Marshall? They must have soured on Vitters.
And no Cedeno either? I think Rogers only has half the story.
Trading DeRo would suck, but if we are only giving up the 3 of them, I think you have to do it. If it was reversed you think we would trade away Peavy for those 3? No way. So if that's all we give up, its a good deal.
<!--quoteo(post=2855:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:56 AM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 9 2008, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2854:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:54 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Dec 9 2008, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2845:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:50 AM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 9 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2838:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:44 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 9 2008, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->New Dunn - RBI - Clutch'ness thread: here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks

Why are you being such a prick for such a basic request?

For starters, prick seems kind of harsh. I'm simply trying to point out how complaining about THREE POSTS from a 12 hour period in the middle of a seven page thread, seems a bit silly. The idea that on this message board, of all the message boards I go to, I have to stay on topic or risk someone's wrath, is unnecessary. It's the same kind of bullshit as when everyone jumps on everyone else's throat because they dared to create a thread with an idea that had been discussed in the middle of another 15 page thread. It's not a big deal.

There are going to be MULTIPLE posts in this thread that don't have ANYTHING to do with Jake Peavy. It's just the way it is. Now, Andy has created another thread which will die a lonely death, because other than as a side note to whether or not we will get peavy, the Dunn discussion isn't that important.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I'M ABOUT TO LOCK THIS THREAD UNLESS BOTH OF YOU CALM DOWN!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
FWIW, the ticker on espnews, says "Cubs close to signing Jake Peavy".
or "Cubs near deal for Jake Peavy".
<!--quoteo(post=2872:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:40 AM:name=Vine)-->QUOTE (Vine @ Dec 9 2008, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->FWIW, the ticker on espnews, says "Cubs close to signing Jake Peavy".<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Pretty much the same thing everyone has been saying since last night.
Rosenthal is really sticking to his "new owner" guns

12:08pm: Rosenthal says the Cubs maintain they're not close on Peavy. And they still need to identify their new owner before a deal can get done. The Cubs are mulling Randy Johnson as a backup plan, and continue to prioritize the lefthanded bat.