Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollywood Hawkins
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Houston reliever LaTroy Hawkins may be looking at a hefty fine from Major League Baseball after claiming plate umpire Mike Everitt "wanted" the the Cubs to win Monday night's game.

Hawkins was ejected by Everitt in the eighth inning after disputing a called ball to Aramis Ramirez and continuing to complain after Everitt ordered him to "knock it off."

After the game, which the Cubs won 5-1 on Alfonso Soriano's walk-off grand slam in the 13th inning, Hawkins sounded off on the ejection to the Houston Chronicle.

"Maybe he was having a bad day," Hawkins said. <b>"I thought he had determined who he wanted to win the game anyway."</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He is always good for a conspiracy theory.
Fuck Hawkins
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
I honestly feel a little bad about Hawkins. Dude grew up a Cubs fan and he got pissed all over while he was here. Makes me feel sad.
<!--quoteo(post=52685:date=Jul 28 2009, 10:36 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 28 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I honestly feel a little bad about Hawkins. Dude grew up a Cubs fan and he got pissed all over while he was here. Makes me feel sad.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

growing up a cubs fan does not mean he isn't a total douche bag
I'm torn on him too, but he's been asking for it for years. If he would have just had the self control to bite his tongue while he was a Cub, I doubt the fans would have run him out of town so quickly. He needs to get over it already.

I do kind of feel sorry for him in a way though.
<!--quoteo(post=52685:date=Jul 28 2009, 10:36 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 28 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I honestly feel a little bad about Hawkins. Dude grew up a Cubs fan and he got pissed all over while he was here. Makes me feel sad.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it was his actions that got him pissed on. he came here with a chip on his shoulder, played like shit, and was treated as such. i only feel sad that he was ever here.

i remember when he was signed, i thought he was the most significant free agent signing of the year. boy was i wrong. he was like mel rojas but with a worse attitude.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=52692:date=Jul 28 2009, 10:56 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 28 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52685:date=Jul 28 2009, 10:36 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 28 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I honestly feel a little bad about Hawkins. Dude grew up a Cubs fan and he got pissed all over while he was here. Makes me feel sad.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it was his actions that got him pissed on. he came here with a chip on his shoulder, played like shit, and was treated as such. i only feel sad that he was ever here.

i remember when he was signed, i thought he was the most significant free agent signing of the year. boy was i wrong. he was like mel rojas but with a worse attitude.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Completely agree
His stats here were actually pretty good (2.63 and 3.32 eras), but the fact that he was used as the backup closer and blew 13 saves in 2 years is what started to turn the fans against him. If he just would have shut his trap, he could have avoided a lot of the shit he's put himself through.
Hawkins was a great setup man that sucked as a closer and wasn't man enough to handle the pressure.
<!--quoteo(post=52787:date=Jul 28 2009, 02:30 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jul 28 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><b>Hawkins was a great setup man that sucked as a closer</b> and wasn't man enough to handle the pressure.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
In general, I don't believe in the "magic traits" that separate a closer from any other good bullpen pitcher. But Hawkins would be Exhibit A of the cross-defense.
He really has had a fine career as a middle reliever. But every time he's been asked to pitch the 9th instead of the 8th, he's imploded.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
It does suck the way the whole Hawkins thing turned out. Too bad Borowski had to come off the HGH that year.
<!--quoteo(post=52787:date=Jul 28 2009, 01:30 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jul 28 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hawkins was a great setup man that sucked as a closer and wasn't man enough to handle the pressure.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bingo.
@TheBlogfines
Awwww, he's headed to the disabled list with shingles/back issues.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=52869:date=Jul 28 2009, 04:56 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 28 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Awwww, he's headed to the disabled list with shingles/back issues.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What the hell?

More like can't handle the hostile Wrigley crowd issues. ZING!