Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HR Derby
<!--quoteo(post=49774:date=Jul 14 2009, 08:25 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 14 2009, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49754:date=Jul 14 2009, 01:08 AM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Jul 14 2009, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->A couple other things: First, whoever creates the TV schedule for ESPN needs. Year after year, the time slot on the TV schedule for the Derby is 2 hours, but it never even comes close to finishing by then. This year, 2 hours in, the second round was just starting, and it ended up taking just over 3 hours. I've finally learned my lesson and recorded way longer than the guide says, but you'd think they would have a better estimate of how long it's going to take after doing this year after year.

Also, it's too bad the softball game doesn't get talked about more, because I always find that be incredibly entertaining.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

you recorded the home run deby? why?

and i didn't watch it last night (why would I?), so i'm just wondering how ted lilly did.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I enjoy seeing things like Josh Hamilton go off for 28 in a round. Unfortunately the only thing interesting about last night was Fielder's one 500 foot homer.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=49767:date=Jul 14 2009, 04:29 AM:name=Lance)-->QUOTE (Lance @ Jul 14 2009, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49736:date=Jul 13 2009, 11:05 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 13 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Pujols is a grade A douchebag. Just because he's being nice to his kids in front if the cameras doesn't mean he isn't a total fuckstick.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It wasn't just "being nice to his kids." He talked at length about Stan Musial and how he (Pujols) never wants anyone to refer to him as "el hombre" (the man) out of respect for Musial. So I guess he's nice to children and old people.

I guess we'll just have to refer to him as "el fuckstick" or "el Douchebag" -- or what he really is "el HGH"

You guys are buying that nice guy non-PED bullshit?
Measure his melon now vs minors, I guarantee +1" ... (I know... that's what she said)
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
His melon is quite enormous, I can't argue with that. Have to say, I wouldn't mind him being on the Cubs though.
[Image: jzfq-929100-1.jpg]

[Image: 0_61_pujols_albert.jpg]

I don't really see much of a difference.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
I'm not going to say I think he's innocent or anything, because really who knows, but there's zero whatsoever that he is/was a user.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=49841:date=Jul 14 2009, 03:32 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Jul 14 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not going to say I think he's innocent or anything, because really who knows, but there's zero whatsoever that he is/was a user.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's what I'm saying. I don't like him because he's a great player that plays for the Cardinals. No more no less.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
I guess the difference for me is that I don't find anything that pisses me off about Pujols other than he tends to beat the Cubs. Unlike, say, Ryan Braun or Hunter Pence, Pujols doesn't have an attitude that makes me hate him on a personal level.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
After Ryan Howard won the MVP:

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Speaking in Spanish at a news conference in the Dominican Republic last week, Pujols was quoted as saying: "I see it this way: Someone who doesn't take his team to the playoffs doesn't deserve to win the MVP."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Remember his comments about Glavine during the 2006 NLCS?

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->After Glavine's Game 1 performance last Thursday, Pujols -- whether in the spirit of competition or out of frustration over the Cardinals' defeat and his 0-for-4 performance -- said <b>Glavine "wasn't that good. He wasn't good at all."</b>

This was right after Glavine had just pitched 13 consecutive scoreless postseason innings. Even so, the next day at Shea Stadium, Glavine told reporters everyone was entitled to their opinion. He didn't address the controversy thereafter.

Pujols' comments didn't sit well in the Mets' clubhouse, even though <b>Pujols said something similar about Padres starter Chris Young in the first round.</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Anyone else remember a few years ago when pujols hit a go ahead homerun and proceded to trot around the bases holding his finger up to his lips shushing the wrigley crowd? Hes a major douch, no doubt about it!
<!--quoteo(post=49845:date=Jul 14 2009, 04:04 PM:name=Oatmealcookie)-->QUOTE (Oatmealcookie @ Jul 14 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone else remember a few years ago when pujols hit a go ahead homerun and proceded to trot around the bases holding his finger up to his lips shushing the wrigley crowd? Hes a major douch, no doubt about it!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That isn't exactly how it happened.

I don't remember the score, but the Cubs were trouncing the Cards. Matt Clement was pitching. Pujols hit a solo shot to bring the Cards to within 10 (or whatever it was). As he crossed home plate, he shushed the crowd.

Either way, it was a dick move.

All I'm saying -- there are plenty of reasons to dislike Pujols beyond him behind a great player and a Cardinal.
If he was on the Cubs everybody saying that shit about him would be sucking his dick. The only reason you don't like him is because he's a Cardinal.

- Butcher
Oh, and there might not be any evidence that he is juicing yet. But I'm 100% certain he's a juicer. I'd bet my life on it.
<!--quoteo(post=49847:date=Jul 14 2009, 04:09 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Jul 14 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If he was on the Cubs everybody saying that shit about him would be sucking his dick. The only reason you don't like him is because he's a Cardinal.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You're wrong. If Lee said that about Tom Glavine, I wouldn't have thought it was cool. And I certainly wouldn't have sucked his dick.

Then again, Lee wouldn't have said something like that about Glavine. Or Howard, for that matter.
<!--quoteo(post=49849:date=Jul 14 2009, 04:12 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 14 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49847:date=Jul 14 2009, 04:09 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Jul 14 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If he was on the Cubs everybody saying that shit about him would be sucking his dick. The only reason you don't like him is because he's a Cardinal.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You're wrong. If Lee said that about Tom Glavine, I wouldn't have thought it was cool. And I certainly wouldn't have sucked his dick.

Then again, Lee wouldn't have said something like that about Glavine. Or Howard, for that matter.
So Zambrano showing people up is ok? Sammy's HR hop was ok? ARam and Soriano staring at their HR's is ok?

You need to be a little less biased on this issue friend. If Pujols was a Cub and he said those things you would deal with it because he's a superstar and one of the best players in the game.

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=49850:date=Jul 14 2009, 04:21 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Jul 14 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49849:date=Jul 14 2009, 04:12 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 14 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49847:date=Jul 14 2009, 04:09 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Jul 14 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If he was on the Cubs everybody saying that shit about him would be sucking his dick. The only reason you don't like him is because he's a Cardinal.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So Zambrano showing people up is ok? Sammy's HR hop was ok? ARam and Soriano staring at their HR's is ok?

You need to be a little less biased on this issue friend. If Pujols was a Cub and he said those things you would deal with it because he's a superstar and one of the best players in the game.
Completely different issues.

1. Would I welcome Pujols with open arms if he were to magically get traded to the Cubs? You bet your ass I would. Doesn't mean he wouldn't remain a douchebag.

2. Zambrano screaming on the mound, Sammy's hop, ARam and Alf staring at their homers is in one category. It's kind of dickish, but nearly every player does it. Talking shit about the dude who just won the MVP because you're sour grapes is another. And I can't think of many players, other than Pujols, who does it. He's in a category all his own on that one, pal.