Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freddy Sanchez
<!--quoteo(post=49089:date=Jul 9 2009, 07:57 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jul 9 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49065:date=Jul 9 2009, 04:07 PM:name=Oatmealcookie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oatmealcookie @ Jul 9 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->With aramis back arent we set on the infield? If sanchez played ss that would be different cuz we could platoon theriot and fontenot at 2b. Just seems like adding a 2b is not a great fit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You'd prefer Fontenot and his .215 average?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Who would? I just dont think hes necessary for what it will cost to get him.
The Cajun Connection is getting the same unearned love fest as Matt Murton . We could live without him and there was more to him than his stunning similarity to Ronald McDonald. Theriot and Fontenot are getting the same annoying clingy endearment, there's more to them than their neat names and hip haircuts. Are they good? They're alright. But they're not the be-all and end-all.

Fontenot for Sanchez would be a fucking steal.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Theriot's been pretty solid. Not necessarily a great player and his arm is as strong as a wet noodle, but overall he's proven he should be in the lineup everyday. Fontenot, on the other hand, has proven that he's not an everyday player and for god knows what reason Lou constantly insists on playing him. I gotta be honest, I'd rather see Blanco in there. Sometimes I want to shake Lou.
<!--quoteo(post=49098:date=Jul 9 2009, 11:48 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jul 9 2009, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Theriot's been pretty solid. Not necessarily a great player and his arm is as strong as a wet noodle, but overall he's proven he should be in the lineup everyday. Fontenot, on the other hand, has proven that he's not an everyday player and for god knows what reason Lou constantly insists on playing him. I gotta be honest, I'd rather see Blanco in there. Sometimes I want to shake Lou.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Agreed. Fontenot has more potential and more talent I think, but he's not an everyday player. Theriot produces at least on a regular basis, however Blanco is a spark. Blanco brings out that energy that Theriot and Fontenot did in 2007. That youthful exuberance is what these guys need for inspiration. Sorry, but Bradley doesn't inspire anyone but Ronnie Woo Woo.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Anyone who still thinks that Theriot is an average SS hasn't been watching him at all this season. And the older he gets, the less range he'll have.
<!--quoteo(post=49105:date=Jul 10 2009, 07:34 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 10 2009, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone who still thinks that Theriot is an average SS hasn't been watching him at all this season. And the older he gets, the less range he'll have.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Theriot's a 2B, always has been, always will be. No arm, no range, no smarts. He's a well below average SS, without a doubt.
<!--quoteo(post=49106:date=Jul 10 2009, 07:46 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 10 2009, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49105:date=Jul 10 2009, 07:34 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 10 2009, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone who still thinks that Theriot is an average SS hasn't been watching him at all this season. And the older he gets, the less range he'll have.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Theriot's a 2B, always has been, always will be. No arm, no range, no smarts. He's a well below average SS, without a doubt.
When we play teams with above average shortstops, the difference becomes shockingly clear. Watching the Braves series really hammered home the fact that Theriot isn't a real SS.
<!--quoteo(post=49121:date=Jul 10 2009, 10:32 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 10 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49106:date=Jul 10 2009, 07:46 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 10 2009, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49105:date=Jul 10 2009, 07:34 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 10 2009, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone who still thinks that Theriot is an average SS hasn't been watching him at all this season. And the older he gets, the less range he'll have.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
When we play teams with above average shortstops, the difference becomes shockingly clear. Watching the Braves series really hammered home the fact that Theriot isn't a real SS.
Escobar, while being an ass, is a great SS who is progressing at the plate.
<!--quoteo(post=49122:date=Jul 10 2009, 09:34 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jul 10 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49121:date=Jul 10 2009, 10:32 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 10 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49106:date=Jul 10 2009, 07:46 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 10 2009, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49105:date=Jul 10 2009, 07:34 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 10 2009, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone who still thinks that Theriot is an average SS hasn't been watching him at all this season. And the older he gets, the less range he'll have.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Escobar, while being an ass, is a great SS who is progressing at the plate.
He gets absolutely everything that is hit close to him.
I think the #1 goal for next season is to improve SS and 2B, and I mean serious upgrades. We're ok everywhere else as long as people do what they're supposed to do. It's unrealistic to have a MI like this (offensively and defensively) going forward and expect to be an elite team.
<!--quoteo(post=49125:date=Jul 10 2009, 09:51 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 10 2009, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think the #1 goal for next season is to improve SS and 2B, and I mean serious upgrades. We're ok everywhere else as long as people do what they're supposed to do. It's unrealistic to have a MI like this (offensively and defensively) going forward and expect to be an elite team.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I've said it before, but I'd really like Ricketts to clean house. Do whatever it takes to build what the Red Sox have -- from the front office down to minor league scouting. A big purge would feel so good -- it would symbolize the break from the Tribune and into a new era.