Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moves Tomorrow
What should happen with Aramis, Reed, and Guzman coming back?

I say Hoffpauir, Fuld, Samardzija/Hart go down.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=48180:date=Jul 5 2009, 04:55 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Jul 5 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What should happen with Aramis, Reed, and Guzman coming back?

I say Hoffpauir, Fuld, Samardzija/Hart go down.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, that's a good prediction.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
Let Hart go back down along with Hoff and Fuld. I would like to see shark be up for a bit longer.
In a perfect world, Soriano is DLed.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
I'd like to see Patton go away on Monday.
<!--quoteo(post=48183:date=Jul 5 2009, 04:13 PM:name=Croz)-->QUOTE (Croz @ Jul 5 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Let Hart go back down along with Hoff and Fuld. I would like to see shark be up for a bit longer.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think that is probably had a good shot at happening. Although I would not be surprised to see them DL Patton because of the Rule V rules that Ruby talked about. If they did that I would not be surprised to see them go with a 11 man pitching staff through the all star break.
Lou is saying the in presser he doesn't know what's going to happen, and it's going to be a very difficult, interesting decision. No hints at all though.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=48184:date=Jul 5 2009, 04:14 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 5 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In a perfect world, Soriano is DLed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Two hits today, and he's had much better swings the last two days. I'm encouraged.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=48191:date=Jul 5 2009, 05:23 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Jul 5 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48184:date=Jul 5 2009, 04:14 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 5 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In a perfect world, Soriano is DLed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Two hits today, and he's had much better swings the last two days. I'm encouraged.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Both of his hits today were ducksnorts. I'm hardly encouraged.
<!--quoteo(post=48198:date=Jul 5 2009, 03:36 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 5 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48191:date=Jul 5 2009, 05:23 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Jul 5 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48184:date=Jul 5 2009, 04:14 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 5 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In a perfect world, Soriano is DLed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And he should have been called out on the tag on the 2nd one.
Do we really need Miles still?

EDIT: nm, forgot he was on the DL.
<!--quoteo(post=48180:date=Jul 5 2009, 02:55 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Jul 5 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What should happen with Aramis, Reed, and Guzman coming back?

I say Hoffpauir, Fuld, Samardzija/Hart go down.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's what needs to happen. Hoff's hitting like .170 since April, and Fox is the same thing he is(minus which side he bats from which means jackshit to me because Fox is mashing the fuck out of righties too). He can find time at 3rd(Aramis won't play more than 75-80% of the games I'd imagine), LF, RF, and even 1B if Lee needs a day off. He's also our best bat off the bench.

I do like what I've seen from Shark's curveball, that looks like another legitimate pitch he can use.

Fontenot's swinging the bat much better of late, even against lefties. He seems to have that swagger back at the plate and you risk losing that by sending him down.

Ideally you just go with 11 pitchers, the problem is we have 7 games in 6 days. If we have a short outing or two from the starters, you're asking for trouble.

And Soriano still doesn't look right physically with his knee, but he's not going to let the Cubs DL him. Lou also said after the game, "Maybe he can build off his 2 hits today." What cracks me up about our idiotic, dipshit fans is how they all cheer the hell out of him when he gets 2 bloop hits, and boo his ass when he rips one to the track in right field with the wind blowing in.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=48200:date=Jul 5 2009, 05:40 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jul 5 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48198:date=Jul 5 2009, 03:36 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 5 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48191:date=Jul 5 2009, 05:23 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Jul 5 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48184:date=Jul 5 2009, 04:14 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 5 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In a perfect world, Soriano is DLed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And he should have been called out on the tag on the 2nd one.

Both hits sucked and he's an idiot, but Fielder missed him by about two feet on the tag. Just saying.

And ideally, the Cubs would DL Patton, send down Hart and Hoffpauir.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
If they fuck with Jake Fox, I'm gonna be one pissed off Cub fan.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I think the fact that Hoff has been riding the pine for a good few weeks now is a pretty clear indication that he will be sent down. You just can't slap Fox in the face with a demotion after what he's done, and I don't care what his defensive limitations are. He'll get plenty of time shuffling around between 3B/LF/RF and PH. Fuld gave us a nice jolt for a couple of games and he's a great defender, but he is expendable. Now as far as making room in the bullpen for Guzman, it's clear to me it has to be Patton. Has the guy done anything, I mean ANYTHING to earn a roster spot for this long? I don't care if we DFA him or DL him, but he needs to be gone.