Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs close to acquiring Heath Bell?
Not sure where they got the info but this was just on Twitter

"Cubs are reportedly close on a Heath Bell deal...is this an upgrade? #MLB #Cubs" - Solider for Christ and a lover of life...oh yeah I host a Sports Talk Show on Sporting News Radio and Sirius 127 THE MONTY SHOW!
Well fuck me running, he's basically the only available closer type out there I'd be interested in. Wonder what it would take to get him?
Can he hit?
Interesting.

Well...he's good and he'd improve our bullpen, for sure.
Sign me up.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Solider for Christ and a lover of life<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd--> [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow.gif[/img]

I'd prefer a bat, but this would be cool too.
Sounds like a plan to me. It would be an upgrade.
<!--quoteo(post=47287:date=Jun 30 2009, 03:11 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 30 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wonder what it would take to get him?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Kevin Gregg?
Fuck yeah! I hope this is true. I see the Cubs giving up maybe Wells or Fox. If the Padres don't necessarily want a major league ready guy, it might take a Carpenter or Harrison along with one or two lesser prospects.
<!--quoteo(post=47296:date=Jun 30 2009, 03:40 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 30 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuck yeah! I hope this is true. I see the Cubs giving up maybe Wells or Fox. If the Padres don't necessarily want a major league ready guy, it might take a Carpenter or Harrison along with one or two lesser prospects.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wells for Bell and Shark to the rotation?
<!--quoteo(post=47297:date=Jun 30 2009, 04:43 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Jun 30 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47296:date=Jun 30 2009, 03:40 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 30 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuck yeah! I hope this is true. I see the Cubs giving up maybe Wells or Fox. If the Padres don't necessarily want a major league ready guy, it might take a Carpenter or Harrison along with one or two lesser prospects.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wells for Bell and Shark to the rotation?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I like how you're thinking
I'm not ready to throw Shark into the rotation. In fact, I'm not sure I'm ready for him to be a major leaguer.
<!--quoteo(post=47299:date=Jun 30 2009, 03:49 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 30 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not ready to throw Shark into the rotation. In fact, I'm not sure I'm ready for him to be a major leaguer.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Me neither. I'd much rather have Wells in the rotation, at least for now.
If we can turn a guy like Wells into Bell, I am all for it.
Hmm, trading for a fairly cheap closer signed through at least next year. I've got a bad feeling about this. My guess is that we aren't happy with what we give up.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.