Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This stretch of good games/comebacks...
<!--quoteo(post=45531:date=Jun 22 2009, 11:01 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 22 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I only watched a few innings over the weekend myself, but DVRed the games just in case. It's a lot less stressful watching the games when you already know the outcome.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
same here
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=45616:date=Jun 22 2009, 04:25 PM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Jun 22 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe I'm not being realistic, but the way I look at it is if we were playing the Brewers and the Cards these last five games, playing the way we played, would we have taken 4 games. I don't think so. you can't spot that many runs to either of those teams and expect to win. Especially waiting until your last six outs to do it. And while it was nice to see the string of hits, again I'd like to have seen that against some good pitchers. I would have felt much better if we could have knocked Cliff Lee around just a little.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i feel ya.
Wang.
I agree with you Brick. But the good news is that before these last 4, we wouldn't have been able to even beat any team in the majors, so things are improving quite a bit. You are right that we probably wouldn't have been victorious against a team like the Cardinals, but compared to the way we were playing before, it has been a pretty big improvement. Hopefully things will keep getting even better. Like coach said, it takes a spark to start a fire.
Welcome back Butch!

I'm afraid we're going to have to ask you to leave.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=45670:date=Jun 22 2009, 09:29 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jun 22 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Welcome back Butch!

I'm afraid we're going to have to ask you to leave.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, go find another mountain to rappel off of.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
I'm looking at real estate in WV right now...
<!--quoteo(post=45694:date=Jun 22 2009, 06:49 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 22 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm looking at real estate in WV right now...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I hear the coal industry is a pretty safe gig over there. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=45705:date=Jun 22 2009, 08:55 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 22 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=45694:date=Jun 22 2009, 06:49 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 22 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm looking at real estate in WV right now...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I hear the coal industry is a pretty safe gig over there. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

.....also, for some reason, I always think of dueling banjos and missing teeth when WV comes to mind. Nothing against the people there, that's just the mental image I get.
<!--quoteo(post=45717:date=Jun 22 2009, 09:10 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 22 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=45705:date=Jun 22 2009, 08:55 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 22 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=45694:date=Jun 22 2009, 06:49 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 22 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm looking at real estate in WV right now...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

.....also, for some reason, I always think of dueling banjos and missing teeth when WV comes to mind. Nothing against the people there, that's just the mental image I get.

Don't forget about being raped and hunted in the backwoods.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=45717:date=Jun 22 2009, 10:10 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 22 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=45705:date=Jun 22 2009, 08:55 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 22 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=45694:date=Jun 22 2009, 06:49 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 22 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm looking at real estate in WV right now...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not an unfounded stereotype.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
the upside is that butcher's multiple wives won't be frowned upon there. the downside is that he's not related to any of his wives by blood.
Wang.
Yeah, that John Denver is full of shit!
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=45638:date=Jun 22 2009, 06:14 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 22 2009, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Like coach said, it takes a spark to start a fire.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I thought Bruce Springsteen said that.
He said you can't start a fire without a spark.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
I hate this team again.