Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chip is a douche
<!--quoteo(post=42062:date=Jun 4 2009, 12:36 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 4 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Let's Go Cubbies is annoying as fuck to me, anytime I here the word Cubbies, I want to vomit. It's the Cubs or the Chicago Cubs, the word Cubbies is fucking lame-o.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

agree again. weird.

remember when ace was acecubbie? i could have sworn he was a queer-bob.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=42062:date=Jun 4 2009, 12:36 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 4 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Let's Go Cubbies is annoying as fuck to me, anytime I here the word Cubbies, I want to vomit. It's the Cubs or the Chicago Cubs, the word Cubbies is fucking lame-o.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Adding -o to the end of words is lame-o.
<!--quoteo(post=42071:date=Jun 4 2009, 02:01 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 4 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just listened to it on the archive, he wasn't being a douche at all. He said while chuckling "Its kinda amazing when you don't work for the Cubs anymore how you realize how annoying the lets go Cubbies chants can get, ha ha" It wasn't smug or douchey at all.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then my douchy-meter is way off, cause I thought he was totally being an ass, and even seeing it in print it sounds douchey. Am I way off base here?
In print it might sound douchey but if you listen to it he was chuckling the whole time, it wasn't a shot at the fans, he didn't say fans were annoying, he said the chant was annoying and that when he worked for the Cubs he didn't notice it.

I don't know, to me saying that is douchey seems like a stretch.
<!--quoteo(post=42074:date=Jun 4 2009, 01:03 PM:name=dk123)-->QUOTE (dk123 @ Jun 4 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=42062:date=Jun 4 2009, 12:36 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 4 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Let's Go Cubbies is annoying as fuck to me, anytime I here the word Cubbies, I want to vomit. It's the Cubs or the Chicago Cubs, the word Cubbies is fucking lame-o.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Adding -o to the end of words is lame-o.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Homo-o.
<!--quoteo(post=42067:date=Jun 4 2009, 11:49 AM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jun 4 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=42066:date=Jun 4 2009, 01:43 PM:name=vegascub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vegascub @ Jun 4 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm having a hard time believing he really said that. Maybe vitamin misunderstood something he said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Chip commenting on how annoying the "Let's Go Cubbies" chant is......I can tell you first hand that the Tomahawk crap is much, MUCH more annoying......and most of the time it's not even coming from the fans, but they blast it through the PA.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Taken from last night's game thread.

He definitely said it, and it did seem like it was out of character, that's why I brought it up. It seemed interesting.

I was the one who made the comment you quoted from the game thread. Chip was talking about the chant being annoying, not necessarily Cubs fans themselves. I thought he was being a bit smug about it, but it could be taken either way I guess.

He also made a corny joke about Mike Quade that I thought was quite lame: Chip and Joe were talking about how to pronounce "Quade" while Theriot was having trouble putting down a bunt. Then Theriot ends up grounding into a DP:

Joe: "When you're not getting a bunt down, it seems to really come back and bite you in the......the......backside"
Chip: "In the Quade."
Joe: "Yes Sir!"
Chip "hahahaha"

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=42087:date=Jun 4 2009, 12:46 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 4 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=42067:date=Jun 4 2009, 11:49 AM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jun 4 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=42066:date=Jun 4 2009, 01:43 PM:name=vegascub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vegascub @ Jun 4 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm having a hard time believing he really said that. Maybe vitamin misunderstood something he said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Chip commenting on how annoying the "Let's Go Cubbies" chant is......I can tell you first hand that the Tomahawk crap is much, MUCH more annoying......and most of the time it's not even coming from the fans, but they blast it through the PA.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Taken from last night's game thread.

He definitely said it, and it did seem like it was out of character, that's why I brought it up. It seemed interesting.

I was the one who made the comment you quoted from the game thread. Chip was talking about the chant being annoying, not necessarily Cubs fans themselves. I thought he was being a bit smug about it, but it could be taken either way I guess.

He also made a corny joke about Mike Quade that I thought was quite lame: Chip and Joe were talking about how to pronounce "Quade" while Theriot was having trouble putting down a bunt. Then Theriot ends up grounding into a DP:

Joe: "When you're not getting a bunt down, it seems to really come back and bite you in the......the......backside"
Chip: "In the Quade."
Joe: "Yes Sir!"
Chip "hahahaha"

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]

Lol, yeah I heard that one, Chip was always the king of the lame joke and akward humor. That was the thing that really annoyed me about him.
<!--quoteo(post=42035:date=Jun 4 2009, 11:40 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 4 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why does every broadcaster who leaves this team become a bitter, smarmy, fuck?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Chip was always that way.
<!--quoteo(post=42071:date=Jun 4 2009, 01:01 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 4 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just listened to it on the archive, he wasn't being a douche at all. He said while chuckling "Its kinda amazing when you don't work for the Cubs anymore how you realize how annoying the lets go Cubbies chants can get, ha ha" It wasn't smug or douchey at all. It certainly wasn't a shot at Cubs fans.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

when i read the first post in this thread this is exactly how i pictured it going down...

chip is getting swisherized [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]

Go Cubbies!!

I really don't have a problem with it.
I really used to be a big fan of Chip and Steve in the booth, and I was pretty sad to see them go.

Now I couldn't imagine listening to anyone but Len and Bob. Simply watching the highlights on mlb.com (home team telecast) makes me realize how much more I like Len.

I do have to admit though that I always loved Chip's homerun calls.
"SWINGGGGGGGG AND A DRIVE BELTED DEEP LEFT FIELD...."
Also I don't understand why everybody is bitching about "Cubbies" and the chant itself.

As an away fan in someone elses stadium, you should be happy that you can get a chant like that going that pisses off the other team and the other fans. It takes away some of the home field advantage
<!--quoteo(post=42138:date=Jun 4 2009, 04:16 PM:name=DaveB)-->QUOTE (DaveB @ Jun 4 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also I don't understand why everybody is bitching about "Cubbies" and the chant itself.

As an away fan in someone elses stadium, you should be happy that you can get a chant like that going that pisses off the other team and the other fans. It takes away some of the home field advantage<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

After being at Turner Field on Tuesday, I can tell you that it does indeed piss off the Braves fans. The cops actually came and threw out a Braves fan a few rows behind me because he was yelling obscenities at all the Cubs fans around him and one of them complained to an usher. But sadly they also ended up throwing out the Cubs fan who complained because the Braves fan lied and said he was trying to pick a fight with him.
<!--quoteo(post=42063:date=Jun 4 2009, 12:37 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 4 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=42062:date=Jun 4 2009, 12:36 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 4 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Let's Go Cubbies is annoying as fuck to me, anytime I here the word Cubbies, I want to vomit. It's the Cubs or the Chicago Cubs, the word Cubbies is fucking lame-o.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree that the term Cubbies is lame, always has been, but that type of chanting goes on at every ballpark every day.

Here's the thing, that chant works best with names that are multi-syllabic. So you can either extend Cubs over two syllables, CUH-UBS, which sounds idiotic or use Cubbies. Not much of a choice to be honest.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=42135:date=Jun 4 2009, 06:14 PM:name=DaveB)-->QUOTE (DaveB @ Jun 4 2009, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I really used to be a big fan of Chip and Steve in the booth, and I was pretty sad to see them go.

Now I couldn't imagine listening to anyone but Len and Bob. Simply watching the highlights on mlb.com (home team telecast) makes me realize how much more I like Len.

I do have to admit though that I always loved Chip's homerun calls.
"SWINGGGGGGGG AND A DRIVE BELTED DEEP LEFT FIELD...."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yup. His call was excellent, I must say. Chip and Steve remain my favorite duo.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.