Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Grudzielanek
What's his deal? I mean, he had 331 AB's last year for the Royals and hit .299 with 24 doubles. He hit .301 in full playing time the season before. Is he better than Miles or Theriot or Fontenot?

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.aspx?playe...0&type=full
<!--quoteo(post=26020:date=Mar 31 2009, 04:18 PM:name=Quinn)-->QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 31 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What's his deal? I mean, he had 331 AB's last year for the Royals and hit .299 with 24 doubles. He hit .301 in full playing time the season before. Is he better than Miles or Theriot or Fontenot?

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.aspx?playe...0&type=full<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It doesn't really matter if he is slightly better than any of those guys. Theriot is going to play mostly SS (Grudz can't play SS), Miles is going to be backing up at SS, and Fontenot is left handed. Grudz doesn't fit into the equation even if you ignore the fact that we wouldn't drop one of those guys.
I know it's not going to happen. I'm just saying I'm surprised that NO ONE has picked him up.
Yep. There's guys like Ray Durham, Jose Vidro, and Paul Lo Duca that just aren't catching on anywhere. Those guys may not be superstars, but they are more capable than some of the guys that have signed already.
<!--quoteo(post=26028:date=Mar 31 2009, 03:33 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 31 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yep. There's guys like Ray Durham, Jose Vidro, and Paul Lo Duca that just aren't catching on anywhere. Those guys may not be superstars, but they are more capable than some of the guys that have signed already.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Add Gary Sheffield, Geoff Jenkins and Morgan Endsberg who have all just been released.
I like you guys a lot.
I think a lot of it is ego.. Most of these guys would rather retire than play for a few hundred K or take a minor league deal at this stage in their careers. Most of the guys listed have made millions and should be fairly setup financially so they will only go to the right situation.
Offensively Grudz is probably on the same level as Theriot and Miles but not in speed, defense or versatility.
Can he play 3B? If so, I'd much rather have him than Gathright on the roster.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
He hasn't played 3B since 1995. I'm sure he could probably handle SS or 3B in an emergency situation, but in general I think at this point in his career he is a 2B only. Even when he was with us his range was terrible.
Grudz is a type A free agent. Anyone really want to give up a first round draft pick for him?
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
The Phillies are probably going to sign Sheffield according to ESPN.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy