Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Even The OBP Freaks Wanted Him Anymore...
Murton to the Rockies for 25-year-old minor league infielder Corey Wimberly.
@TheBlogfines
Oh, I thought this was gonna be about Dunn.
Dunn > Derrek Lee [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/devil.gif[/img]
Bert > Ernie
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=15990:date=Feb 4 2009, 02:26 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 4 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Dunn > Derrek Lee [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/devil.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Someone who knows what the fuck they're talking about > Fly
<!--quoteo(post=15994:date=Feb 4 2009, 02:31 PM:name=Dirk)-->QUOTE (Dirk @ Feb 4 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=15990:date=Feb 4 2009, 02:26 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 4 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Dunn > Derrek Lee [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/devil.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Someone who bathes daily > Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=16008:date=Feb 4 2009, 12:58 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 4 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=15994:date=Feb 4 2009, 02:31 PM:name=Dirk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dirk @ Feb 4 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=15990:date=Feb 4 2009, 02:26 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 4 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Dunn > Derrek Lee [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/devil.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Someone who bathes daily > Dirk

Seriously Dirk, you're slippin' lately. You haven't even posted on the Hart Attack in 2 weeks.
<!--quoteo(post=15991:date=Feb 4 2009, 02:27 PM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Feb 4 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bert > Ernie<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

YOU SON OF A BITCH!
<!--quoteo(post=15974:date=Feb 4 2009, 12:32 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 4 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Murton to the Rockies for 25-year-old minor league infielder Corey Wimberly.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Does he have a chance to start for the Rox? I know they shed Holliday.
Coors is as good a place as any to inflate a guy's batting stats.
Of course, maybe he really, all along, was a .100 hitter, like he hit for the A's last year.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=16116:date=Feb 4 2009, 07:39 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 4 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=15974:date=Feb 4 2009, 12:32 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 4 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Murton to the Rockies for 25-year-old minor league infielder Corey Wimberly.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Of course, maybe he really, all along, was a .100 hitter, like he hit for the A's last year.
I can't see him making the team right now. They said in the last couple days that Ian Stewart could be their starting left fielder(he'll be at 1b if Helton's not ready for Opening Day though).

They also got Carlos Gonzalez who was the centerpiece of the Holliday trade, and if it's not Stewart out there in LF, it's likely him. He could also be the CF.

They still have Hawpe in right, Spilborghs, and Seth Smith who would probably beat Murton out as well.

Then there's their top prospect CF Dexter Fowler. He struggled in his September stint last year and it sounds like they're going to let him play in the minors for a little bit, but he'll be on team at some point soon.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=16137:date=Feb 5 2009, 12:55 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 5 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16116:date=Feb 4 2009, 07:39 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 4 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=15974:date=Feb 4 2009, 12:32 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 4 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Murton to the Rockies for 25-year-old minor league infielder Corey Wimberly.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can't see him making the team right now. They said in the last couple days that Ian Stewart could be their starting left fielder(he'll be at 1b if Helton's not ready for Opening Day though).

They also got Carlos Gonzalez who was the centerpiece of the Holliday trade, and if it's not Stewart out there in LF, it's likely him. He could also be the CF.

They still have Hawpe in right, Spilborghs, and Seth Smith who would probably beat Murton out as well.

Then there's their top prospect CF Dexter Fowler. He struggled in his September stint last year and it sounds like they're going to let him play in the minors for a little bit, but he'll be on team at some point soon.

Don't forget EY Jr.
I wasn't aware the Rockies were in need of a second baseman.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=15988:date=Feb 4 2009, 01:18 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 4 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Oh, I thought this was gonna be about Dunn.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I thought it was about Brad Wilkerson
wegotwilkerson
Wang.