Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Did he walk anyone?
No.

Was apparently hitting over 100 when he was down at Tenn too.  Would be a pretty nice story, I had essentially given up on him a few years ago as a failed lottery ticket.

Yep, should be a fun August or September call-up at the very least. Do we even have anyone else down in AAA who could provide a boost to the MLB pen? Carasiti maybe? Berg? Both Johnson and Pena seem to have taken steps backward.
Feel like Johnson might end up being a fizzle out.

David Rollins still may be someone to keep an eye on. At first glance, his stats aren't impressive, but if you consider that 15 of his 18 ERs were given up over a three-game explosion in May, he's been a fantastic pitcher. AND a lefty.

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/20...0eD0qgA.97

Baseball America's updated top 10

Look at all those pitchers.

Cubs traded away #3 and #5. And currently have zero players in the top 100. We do have a World Series though and lots of young players at the major league level. So the prospect rankings can suck it.  

Cerami keeps beating that dead horse, like Theo said....the goal is to have your top guys at the major league level and replenish.  I don't know why some Cubs fans are still in farm system mode, old habits die hard I guess.

Luke over at BN is pretty insufferable about losing prospects as well. Unless they have a clear and immediate path onto the MLB roster, prospects are just currency.
I'd burn down the entire farm system for another WS.

Quote:I'd burn down the entire farm system for another WS.

This
Had no idea that he was even scheduled to pitch for us this season.

https://twitter.com/MiLB/status/893686809246478336
To be honest, I don't even know who that is.

"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
2nd pick from this year's draft. Have you been following the Cubs at all lately?