Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Rogers - @ESPNChiCubs: Javier Baez injury news to be posted momentarily. Hint: It's not good.
And there it is.

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/status/6...6401329152

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Dammit.
God damnit
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Not good.

Ugh.

I broke a finger playing volleyball in March. Shit takes forever to get right again. I'm still doing PT on it and I can only bend it to about 65% and if I accidentally hit it on something, it still hurts like hell. My doc explained that because the bones and all the moveable parts are all compacted in such a small space, it takes longer to get back to normal than a broken leg, where the swelling spreads out and the moving parts aren't so compacted.

That said, I'm not a professional athlete. And I'm also kind of a pussy. So take all that for what it's worth.
Shits.
Signature.
Shit. This kid can't catch a break this season (no pun intended). Just when it looks like he's turned a corner...

This is horrible.

Quote:This is horrible.

It does suck, but, it's hardly a disaster for this team. He's contributed nothing at the major league level so far this year. It's not as if we just lost Bryant or Rizzo. Yeah, it sucks he got hurt, but, it does nothing to our current team.

Hopefully Denorfia can stay healthy and we can have a nice platoon in LF once Soler comes back.
And yes, I am aware that he was likely going to be playing 3B for us in about a week, but, teams deal with injuries and I would rather it be someone that hasn't contributed this year instead of someone we have been counting on all year.
I don't see a long term problem with him missing a month with a broken finger. This isn't our year yet. If he's destined to be a Cub, he will be and this isn't an injury that will impact his trade value if he's not.

Wonder if they'll consider giving Villanueva a shot now.

Quote:Wonder if they'll consider giving Villanueva a shot now.

Why would you call him up instead of AA who is much more versatile?
I didn't say I would.  It was a question.  I don't what they're going to do.