Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Awesome. Maybe he can work on limiting his BB's there and be ready for our pen in July/August.
I'm glad this move has been made. See what he can do against more experienced hitters. He could be a huge boost to this pen if he can get his control under wraps. He's been pretty strong of late. 

Dylan McKay is my hero
I'd like to see Theo and crew buck their "norm" and bring Schwarber up mid-June directly from AA.  Skip Iowa all together.

I got nothin'.

Andy
Quote:I'd like to see Theo and crew buck their "norm" and bring Schwarber up mid-June directly from AA.  Skip Iowa all together.

I think I'd like to see him get a few days in a row at LF before he gets called up, whether in AA or AAA doesn't matter to me.
It would be kinda funny if we ended up carrying 3 catchers again at some point, although Schwarber would presumably be switching between C and LF.
Baez and Alcantara have been trending in different directions again after this week. Obviously still early and hopefully both take that next step, but who knows? Might we see AA up with the big league club again first? Could be a repeat of 2014.

Baez is scuffling again a little the last few games after just killing it. I'm desperate for one of them to take off and get up to the big club. 

Dylan McKay is my hero
Speaking of, Arguello just tweeted this:

in last 12 games, Mendy has hit .370/.442/.565 with an 11.5% walk rate and just a 13.5% K rate. He may be getting close to Chicago again

Those are great numbers. A few more games like that and yes, he'll be replacing that dude named Baxter. 

Dylan McKay is my hero
Quote:Speaking of, Arguello just tweeted this:

in last 12 games, Mendy has hit .370/.442/.565 with an 11.5% walk rate and just a 13.5% K rate. He may be getting close to Chicago again

Those are great numbers. A few more games like that and yes, he'll be replacing that dude named Baxter. 

As frustrating as AA is, he should be on the club instead of Baxter anyway.
Schwarber with two Schwarbombs today...
Baez 2-4 with a double, run, rbi, k.

AA with his 7th homerun
Edwards with a hit and 3 walks and 2 er in an inning.
Quote:Schwarber with two Schwarbombs today...
He has to be due for a promotion soon.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Dingo" data-cid="248398" data-time="1433042304">

He has to be due for a promotion soon.</blockquote>

How has he been defensively?
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="248401" data-time="1433045631">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Dingo" data-cid="248398" data-time="1433042304">
He has to be due for a promotion soon.</blockquote>

How has he been defensively?

</blockquote>
Not too bad, actually. 3 errors and he's thrown out 25% of runners. Decent .985 fielding %, so hopefully enough to at least get him to AAA.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid...g/2015/ALL