Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:Looks like Baez was 2-4 with no Ks last night.

Bring him.
Baez needs half a season in Iowa.  Bring him up around the trade deadline.

I got nothin'.

Andy
Yep, I'm on board with that plan. His K rate has really plummeted, so will be nice to see if that same approach continues at the MLB level.

Also, move one of the middle IF's to 3B and Bryant to LF. Problem solved.
I'm more excited by wada's start from yesterday. I'm done with Wood.
Quote:Yep, I'm on board with that plan. His K rate has really plummeted, so will be nice to see if that same approach continues at the MLB level.

It would be easiest to put Baez there if that is the plan because he can work on it in AAA.
Quote:Yep, I'm on board with that plan. His K rate has really plummeted, so will be nice to see if that same approach continues at the MLB level.

Agreed.
Bryant to LF, Baez to 3B.  Leave Castro at SS and Russell at 2B. 

I got nothin'.

Andy
That might work. Just wondering if Baez has ever played over there though. He looked awesome at both 2B and SS.
I know it shouldn't matter, but I was taking into account the type of batter they are as to where they should play.  It just seems to me that Baez fits the slugger 3B mold more so than either Castro or Russell.

Ideally (at least for me), it would be Castro at third, Russell at SS and Baez at 2B defensively.

I got nothin'.

Andy
Purely on defense I would agree with that.
https://twitter.com/jaredowen/status/599365478163709952
https://twitter.com/tommybirch/status/59...8471101440

Schwarber now at .326/.440/.614/1.054, 18% BB%, 22% K%

Curious as to how quickly Schwarber is promoted to AAA. And Baez is getting me excited again. Would also be great to have a pitcher or two to dream on, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards for a while.
At 2B defensively Baez > Russell

At SS defensively Russell > Baez

Just my take on it as Russell seems lost at times at 2B, whereas Baez was very good at it early on. But if Baez sorts his shit out then I can see him sliding over to 3B and Bryant to fill the void that is LF at the moment.