Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:Well, NSBB already writing Cease off because he's never going to improve his control and will likely be trade bait.  Of course, this same group also wrote Happ off after his first year.
How are those joyless asshats still a functioning community?
I've never seen a bigger collection of armchair scouts/GMs/baseball experts in my life.  I guess following closely on the internet is all you really need.

Arizona Phil, John Arguello and anyone else who attended the minor league practices and games over the spring absolutely raved about Ceases stuff. They all say he needs to work on his change up more than control. This year will be his first full season since high school so can't expect too much.

I trust those guys than the ass clowns at NSBB.
Majority of them are basing it on the line too, not even actually seeing him.

Jeimer Candelario is simply hitting .321/.436/.679, 18 XBH at Iowa. He's a very interesting trade chip.

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Yep. I'm hopeful he will be shopped as part of a package for another controllable asset and not just another reliever.
It's incredible, but there's no position on the ML club that needs upgrading, is there? So there'd be no consideration of converting him to another position.

Hatch has been terrible for Myrtle Beach, which is surprising as there was glowing reports about his pitches during minor league spring training via Cubs Den. Wonder where it's going wrong for him?
https://twitter.com/dylanceasewatch/stat...3622168576
Oh man, thanks for finding that handle.

At least there have been some nice performances down in the minors recently from Eloy Jimenez, Oscar De La Cruz, Trevor Clifton and even Dillon Maples (yes, he still exists), which serve as a convenient distraction from whatever the hell is going on with the big league club.

http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-den/2017/...fton-ks-7/
Wow, had no idea Maples was still in the system.

I was initially shocked as well. Surprised that he wasn't released a few seasons ago. He just turned 25, and has never advanced above high-A Myrtle Beach, so no reason to expect anything from that guy ever.
Yes and no from Maples. He always has the stuff but could never replicate it as a starter. Since switching to the bullpen, he has been quietly successful.

I'm just speculating here, but maybe he has limited to just two pitches to concentrate on, instead of having three or four? And/or maybe his velocity is up as a reliever?
What does yes and no from him mean?