Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yankees Dangling Swisher
I'd love to see the Cubs go after him just to see the reaction it would provoke from Butch.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Yankees' Nady, Swisher in play

Nick Swisher might not be a Yankee for long. The signing of free agent Mark Teixeira eliminated any chance of Swisher playing first base, and the team's outfield surplus almost certainly will lead to a trade.

Both Swisher and Xavier Nady are drawing significant interest, according to major-league sources. The Yankees are not in a rush to trade either; their only desire is to make the best possible deal.

The versatility of both players is appealing; Nady plays both outfield corners and first base, while Swisher plays all three outfield positions and first.

Nady, 30, is a free agent after next season. Swisher, 28, is signed through 2011 with a club option for '12. Either would be more affordable to the Giants than Ramirez. Swisher also would fit for the Braves and Pirates.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd like Nady. Fuck the swish, though.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
If we could trade Fuk for Swisher, straight-up, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
<!--quoteo(post=9443:date=Jan 6 2009, 01:17 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 6 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If we could trade Fuk for Swisher, straight-up, I'd do it in a heartbeat.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow, so your hatred for Fuk has eclipsed your hatred for Swisher? That would be awesome though, unfortunately, the stupid ass contract that we gave to Fuk would never allow it to happen, though I bet he'd waive his NTC to go to the Yankees.
How about Fuk, Reed Johnson and/or Pie for the Swishy one?
What do the Yankees need right now? Starting pitching, right? Don't we still have Marquis?
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=9445:date=Jan 6 2009, 02:24 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 6 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9443:date=Jan 6 2009, 01:17 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 6 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If we could trade Fuk for Swisher, straight-up, I'd do it in a heartbeat.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow, so your hatred for Fuk has eclipsed your hatred for Swisher? That would be awesome though, unfortunately, the stupid ass contract that we gave to Fuk would never allow it to happen, though I bet he'd waive his NTC to go to the Yankees.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, about 75% of my hatred for Swisher was directly tied to the fact that he was a White Sox and made those dumbass comments about the Cubs. Now he isn't a White Sox.

And if Jim Edmonds taught me anything, it's that I can set aside my dislike for a guy if he's playing (well) for my team...
<!--quoteo(post=9447:date=Jan 6 2009, 03:27 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 6 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How about Fuk, Reed Johnson and/or Pie for the Swishy one?
What do the Yankees need right now? Starting pitching, right? Don't we still have Marquis?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What would the Yankees do with those three?

I'm not sure the Yankees need starting pitching with CC, Burnett, Wang, Chamberlain, Hughes, and Kennedy.

Marquis is a Rockies now. It's not finalized, but there's virtually no way this deal doesn't go down.

...this has to be KBs worst post of the year. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/pcb.gif[/img]
BTW, for anyone that doesn't know, that toilet emoticon is ;pcb;. I found it amusing.
Soriano, Swisher, and Bradley >>>>>> Soriano, SegaCD, and Bradley
<!--quoteo(post=9616:date=Jan 6 2009, 08:24 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Jan 6 2009, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano, Swisher, and Bradley >>>>>> Soriano, SegaCD, and Bradley<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
@TheBlogfines
The Yanks need bullpen help more than anything.
<!--quoteo(post=9618:date=Jan 6 2009, 07:28 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 6 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Yanks need bullpen help more than anything.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We just landed three awesome arms from the Tribe...
i have a dangling swisher in my shorts.
Wang.