Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:I'm just surprised at how often that seems to bear repeating.

Yup. 
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="226970" data-time="1407939395">
<div>
Kid, explain again why there *aren't* reasons not to bring Soler up.

I'm not Kid, but Soler is signed to a major league contract and already on the 40 man roster. His salary and arb clock won't be effected either way.

</div>
</blockquote>

Correcting only to say that Soler doesn't have an arbitration clock, I don't believe.  As I understand it, he's a free agent after 2020 no matter what.

The only reason to keep him in AAA is just to get him a little bit more time facing AAA pitching.  He still only has 60 ABs at Iowa (and only 150 ABs this season in total in the minors, including in Mesa).  Assuming he stays healthy, it does appear to be a near-certainty that Soler will be up in September.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
OK, good.

Maybe you should just copy that into your pasteboard, Kid, so it's always ready...

I will say this though. If Bryant doesn't make the team in ST, I will be disappointed. I get the financial reasons to wait until May, but still will be disappointed.
If Scott Boras wasn't his agent, I think he'd be up now.  Since Boras is his agent, I don't expect to see him before May 1.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I will be disappointed if the FO starts Bryant's clock one minute early.

Quote:I will be disappointed if the FO starts Bryant's clock one minute early.
Same here.
I'm kind of disappointed they started Baez's clock so soon, to be honest. Although it has been fun. 

I can wait the extra month, but the child in me will feel temporarily cheated.
Sounds like Byron Buxton may have been seriously injured.  Hate to see that.

Baez goes boom! 

Rizzo boom!

Olt with another home run which makes it number 7. He is coming along nicely as the next reincarnation of Dubois, Hoffpauir, LaHair and Diehard McClain

Zagunis promoted to an ever crowded Kane County catching team - Joins Caratini, Brockmeyer and Remillard. But I think he will be playing outfield mostly.

Carhart to Daytona.
Bryant with a walk off homer in the 12th.

Dylan McKay is my hero
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Coldneck" data-cid="226972" data-time="1407939578">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="226970" data-time="1407939395">
<div>
Kid, explain again why there *aren't* reasons not to bring Soler up.

I'm not Kid, but Soler is signed to a major league contract and already on the 40 man roster. His salary and arb clock won't be effected either way.

</div>
</blockquote>

Correcting only to say that Soler doesn't have an arbitration clock, I don't believe.  As I understand it, he's a free agent after 2020 no matter what.

The only reason to keep him in AAA is just to get him a little bit more time facing AAA pitching.  He still only has 60 ABs at Iowa (and only 150 ABs this season in total in the minors, including in Mesa).  Assuming he stays healthy, it does appear to be a near-certainty that Soler will be up in September.

</div>
</blockquote>

Soler does have an arbitration clock.  He doesn't have a free agent clock...as far as the Cubs are concerned.

He is out of options which means once he is called up, that is it (outside of this year which it would be asinine to send him down after a call up to the bigs this year).

Next year's outfield WILL include Soler in RF...unless he is traded or is hit by a bus.
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com