Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
I've been thinking about next year's lineup as well. I think Schwarber, Russell and Almora are a year off, but next year should be pretty awesome either way. It could be:

CF Alcantara

SS Castro

1B Rizzo

3B Bryant

RF Soler

2B Baez

LF Ruggiano/Coghlan/Lake

C Castillo

Now to work on the pitching staff.

Dylan McKay is my hero
I think that very well could be the lineup o/a the 1st of May.

I'd bet money that the May 1 lineup will include at least one position player that's not in the Cubs' system at all right now.

I think Lake and one of Coghlan/Ruggiano will be long gone by May of 2015. And I agree with Straw that there will be one unknown veteran (hopefully) or other acquired OF on the roster starting a good chunk of games as well.
I kind of like Ruggiano. I don't want him as my everyday starter but he's quite capable as a backup. 

I just bought tickets to see Iowa at Tacoma Aug 24th.  No chance anyone of them gets called up before then, right?

Quote:I just bought tickets to see Iowa at Tacoma Aug 24th.  No chance anyone of them gets called up before then, right?

Hard to say.  The idea of a September call-up is overblown because any trades will create roster spots that will need to be filled.  If the Cubs moved an infielder, it wouldn't be shocking to see Baez called up before then.  You're probably safer on Soler because they will probably want him to get a month at AAA before calling him up.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I'm happy to be seeing Soler in a couple of weeks.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="vitaminB" data-cid="225315" data-time="1406141164">
<div>
I just bought tickets to see Iowa at Tacoma Aug 24th.  No chance anyone of them gets called up before then, right?

Hard to say.  The idea of a September call-up is overblown because any trades will create roster spots that will need to be filled.  If the Cubs moved an infielder, it wouldn't be shocking to see Baez called up before then.  You're probably safer on Soler because they will probably want him to get a month at AAA before calling him up.

</div>
</blockquote>

At this point, the Cubs are running out of non-prospecty types to call up.  If they did call up the others, they could have Bryant/Baez/Soler in Iowa with a bunch of fans from the seats.

And they'd still probably beat the ICubs teams from a few years ago.
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
Baez 2-3 with a double, single, 2 BBs, and no Ks.

Quote:Baez 2-3 with a double, single, 2 BBs, and no Ks.

I'll take that over hitting HRs and striking out.
I just want to drink beer and play atari
His K rate has been steadily going down.  He was down to 21% in July.

Might be a coincidence, but Baez's improved discipline kinda correlates to Manny's arrival.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

Eh.  He didn't start out this slow last year, but he became progressively better and more disciplined as the year went on.  Who knows though.

Quote:Might be a coincidence, but Baez's improved discipline kinda correlates to Manny's arrival.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying...
Call up Baez AND Manny