Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
For selfish reasons of a strong possibility of me being at Wrigley for Opening Day, I want them both to break Mesa with the team. But that won't happen. I'd say May 1st. George Springer came up on April 16th, and Starlin was May 7th, I'd split the difference. Also, RIP Iowa attendance when that happens.

I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Quote:For selfish reasons of a strong possibility of me being at Wrigley for Opening Day, I want them both to break Mesa with the team. But that won't happen. I'd say May 1st. George Springer came up on April 16th, and Starlin was May 7th, I'd split the difference. Also, RIP Iowa attendance when that happens.

Your telling me people won't show up to see Brett Jackson and Mike Olt strike out?
I suspect that the next CBA may allow for a 7th year of team control (presumably with a 4th year of arbitration) in exchange for reducing the gaming of call-ups.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I think that's probably good for both parties. From the players perspective, it's bullshit being toyed with like that. But it's just too valuable for teams not to.

I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
I feel like Almora's been forgotten because of his early season struggles, but he's really starting to heat up now.

Pierce Johnson 7 1/3, 1 hit, 2 BBs, 5 Ks. 11 groundouts, 1 fly out, 1 infield pop out. 92 pitches.

Baez double.  No Ks yet.

That Johnson line is very impressive. Glad to see him back and healthy.

Dylan McKay is my hero
Almora's OBP is closing in on .300 after a 3-3 day with another BB. I think he's officially back on track.
Luke wrote on this topic earlier, but thought it warranted a mention here also-If Vogelbomb and Almora keep it up, would they be promoted to Tennessee come late July or early August for TN's playoff push? They both have been showing what we were wanting to see from them lately and I think they would be two nice boosts for the Smokies.

Dylan McKay is my hero
It's time to demote Manny. He's struggling.

Quote:Luke wrote on this topic earlier, but thought it warranted a mention here also-If Vogelbomb and Almora keep it up, would they be promoted to Tennessee come late July or early August for TN's playoff push? They both have been showing what we were wanting to see from them lately and I think they would be two nice boosts for the Smokies.

I'd like to see it.  Vogelbach has a very real possibility to be a sleeper of the farm system.  I don't think he'll even beat out Rizzo for 1B but I think he could make a very solid LF on the Cubs or 1B/DH in the AL.
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
Quote:It's time to demote Manny. He's struggling.

The home run got into his head.  He's not used to that kind of success and now is just swinging for the fences like he has HoF power or something.
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="223607" data-time="1404396712">
<div>
It's time to demote Manny. He's struggling.

The home run got into his head.  He's not used to that kind of success and now is just swinging for the fences like he has HoF power or something.

</div>
</blockquote>
Next thing you know, he'll think he's Ryan Theriot for crying out loud.  He needs to go back to what he does well.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Hey, what's Theriot up to?  Wonder if he'd like to be a coach?