Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Through 2 weeks of AFL, Bryant is leading the league in:

Runs, Home runs, RBI, Total Bases, Avg, Slugging  and OPS.  And Almora isn't too far behind.  Soler cooled off after the first week.

I got nothin'.

Andy
All the evaluators like BA and BP seem to think he'll be on most top 10 lists in all of baseball.

Small sample size be damned, this is one heck of a stat line.

link

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
C.J. Edwards is MiLB.com's pitcher of the year.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd...b&sid=milb
That's nice.

So, we'll never see him pitch in a Chicago uniform?

"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Quote:So, we'll never see him pitch in a Chicago uniform?
White Sox or Cubs?
I really wish he'd put on some weight.

The Edwards deal got me hoping that this title doesn't hit him like the curse of the Cubs Minor League Pitcher of the Year.

2004 - Renyel Pinto

2005 - Sean Gallagher

2006 - Rich Hill

2007 - Kevin Hart

2008 - Mitch Atkins

2009 - Casey Coleman

2010 - Chris Archer

2011 - Jeff Beliveau

2012 - Nick Struck

Most of these guys went on to do nothing.  Hill was decent.  Archer may end up being decent.  The rest??

I got nothin'.

Andy
Someone in the Cubs' farm won MiLB.com's award every single year? Man, that is a curse.

Quote:Someone in the Cubs' farm won MiLB.com's award every single year? Man, that is a curse.

Not quite what I said.  Arse!  Though I could put an apostrophe after the Cubs if it makes a difference.

I got nothin'.

Andy
Ok, I was being a dick...but my point is that The Cubs' minor league pitcher of the year and Minor League Baseball's pitcher of the year are vastly different things.

Quote:I really wish he'd put on some weight.
He needs to hang out with me. I feel like this is my calling.
Get on it.

For some reason baseball-reference.com is only listing milb.com's pitcher of the year awards from 2005-2009, but here's what that list looks like:

2009  Dan Hudson
2008  Jhoulys Chacin
2007  Ian Kennedy
2006  Matt Garza
2005  Justin Verlander