Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Bryant with another homer. Average now creeping up towards .300.

Hendricks impressive in his AAA debut.
I like what I'm seeing from Pierce Johnson this season. He got the win yesterday for Daytona: 5.0 innings, 6Ks, 3BB, 0 runs, 2 hits.

Since being called up from KC, he's 4-1 with a 2.50 ERA. He has 108 Ks in 105.2 innings on the year (KC and Daytona).

I just want to drink beer and play atari
Quote:Bryant with another homer. Average now creeping up towards .300.

Hendricks impressive in his AAA debut.

I found some video of Hendricks from last night...

http://player.vimeo.com/video/72018110

Spellcheck II has been promoted to Kane County and pitched 3 shut out innings tonight.
Quote:Spellcheck II has been promoted to Kane County and pitched 3 shut out innings tonight.
Drafting him was a head scratcher.  Maybe they know what they're doing after all.
Bryant probably should be promoted. He is crushing the ball at Boise.
BJax down to a .216 BA in TN. His roster spot has to be up for grabs at this point, or maybe in the offseason.
Where the fuck did he go wrong?!?!

Just like that, Bryant promoted to Daytona.
......So was Vogelbach

How's this for your 3-5 hitters in Daytona:

Soler (if healthy)

Vogelbach

Bryant

Not too shabby

Almora would have been promoted too if healthy.

Bryant debuts with a home run for Daytona.
Starting to think Bryant may end up being a monster.

Quote:Starting to think Bryant may end up being a monster.

I agree.  has anyone seen him play 3B?  Some scouting reports are saying he might have to play RF.
The Cubs will be wise to keep him at 3B as long as possible where he would be worth more on the trade market. He is rated as an average defender at 3B at this stage. If/when Baez switches from SS, Baez will probably rate higher in defence. With Bryant, Baez, Castro and Alcantra, it will be interesting who will be traded out from that lot.

My prediction and I'm probably putting the kiss of death on Bryant by saying this is that he will be our #1 prospect by the seasons end and a top ten prospect MLB wide by the end of next season. Big call.