Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Love Dey Beisbol! Hehe Bring Me Back For Dey Fang!
<!--quoteo(post=7340:date=Dec 28 2008, 08:36 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 28 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sammy took PEDs. Sammy was awesome. I have his rookie card hanging in my office next to 2 of his Starting Lineups. He was the shit and still is, fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

While I agree with that.....I find it funny that you so adamantly defend Sammy but yet hate Harry.Both did great things for the Cubs while there.Neither were perfect.Both enjoyed there hayday and the end of said hayday with the Cubs.I know one was a player and one was an announcer,but your hatred for Harry has no basis if you continue to lick on Sammys sack.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=7341:date=Dec 28 2008, 08:48 PM:name=Captain)-->QUOTE (Captain @ Dec 28 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7340:date=Dec 28 2008, 08:36 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 28 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sammy took PEDs. Sammy was awesome. I have his rookie card hanging in my office next to 2 of his Starting Lineups. He was the shit and still is, fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

While I agree with that.....I find it funny that you so adamantly defend Sammy but yet hate Harry.Both did great things for the Cubs while there.Neither were perfect.Both enjoyed there hayday and the end of said hayday with the Cubs.I know one was a player and one was an announcer,but your hatred for Harry has no basis if you continue to lick on Sammys sack.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't see any correlation between the two, none at all. I also don't hate Harry, I just don't ever remember him not totally sucking ass.
So if someone younger than you said the same about Sammy...they would be wrong?
Just because YOU dont remember it,or were too young to know the truth, doesnt make it fact.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=7346:date=Dec 28 2008, 09:22 PM:name=Captain)-->QUOTE (Captain @ Dec 28 2008, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So if someone younger than you said the same about Sammy...they would be wrong?
Just because YOU dont remember it,or were too young to know the truth, doesnt make it fact.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
When was Sammy bad? He never had a bad season as a Cub. However, it is a fact that Harry was long past his prime and was pretty awful at the end of his career though. I'm really struggling to see the connection here.
I hated Sammy when he first came over from the Sox and it took me about 5 seasons to accept him. A few seasons after I finally accepted him, I started to dislike him all over again. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy watching him play during his monster years, but A LOT of what I saw around the league during that 1998-2002 period just felt dirty and wrong, Sammy included.
Please...Hendry...make something happen soon so we have something other than this to talk about.

Please.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=7340:date=Dec 28 2008, 08:36 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 28 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sammy took PEDs. Sammy was awesome. I have his rookie card hanging in my office next to 2 of his Starting Lineups. He was the shit and still is, fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

sometimes i just love you so much.
Wang.
I don't think Sammy stayed in playing shape this past year.

[Image: sammy-skinny.jpg]

(and to save you the trouble - it ain't easy out here for a pimp)
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Speaking of Sammy Asos, did anyone see the entry about him in the latest Cubs mailbag on Cubs.com?

<b>What if Sammy Sosa could learn to bat left-handed and play right field again for the Cubs?
-- Kyle P., Woodridge, Ill.

It'd be a miracle. Sosa's agent, Adam Katz, was in Las Vegas for the Winter Meetings and said the former Cubs outfielder was doing well in his retirement. Sosa was very talented, but he's not trying to make a comeback as a switch-hitter. </b>

There are people out there who refuse to accept that Sosa will never be a Cub again or be in anyway associated with this franchise ever again in the future.
But I'm still in total disbelief that someone could be stupid enough to ask that question.
<!--quoteo(post=7997:date=Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM:name=DaveB)-->QUOTE (DaveB @ Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Speaking of Sammy Asos, did anyone see the entry about him in the latest Cubs mailbag on Cubs.com?

<b>What if Sammy Sosa could learn to bat left-handed and play right field again for the Cubs?

It'd be a miracle. Sosa's agent, Adam Katz, was in Las Vegas for the Winter Meetings and said the former Cubs outfielder was doing well in his retirement. Sosa was very talented, but he's not trying to make a comeback as a switch-hitter. </b>

There are people out there who refuse to accept that Sosa will never be a Cub again or be in anyway associated with this franchise ever again in the future.
But I'm still in total disbelief that someone could be stupid enough to ask that question.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The part that blows me away is that the Muskat CHOOSES WHAT QUESTIONS TO ANSWER. I mean, the fact that she actually thought that question was worth address speaks volumes about her... ability.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=8000:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:51 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 31 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7997:date=Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM:name=DaveB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaveB @ Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Speaking of Sammy Asos, did anyone see the entry about him in the latest Cubs mailbag on Cubs.com?

But I'm still in total disbelief that someone could be stupid enough to ask that question.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The part that blows me away is that the Muskat CHOOSES WHAT QUESTIONS TO ANSWER. I mean, the fact that she actually thought that question was worth address speaks volumes about her... ability.
She wears her hair in a bun.
<!--quoteo(post=8003:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:55 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 31 2008, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8000:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:51 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 31 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7997:date=Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM:name=DaveB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaveB @ Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Speaking of Sammy Asos, did anyone see the entry about him in the latest Cubs mailbag on Cubs.com?

She wears her hair in a bun.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=8000:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:51 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 31 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7997:date=Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM:name=DaveB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaveB @ Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Speaking of Sammy Asos, did anyone see the entry about him in the latest Cubs mailbag on Cubs.com?

I think the guy's question was sort of a joke -- but she answered it as if it were serious. She's absolutely worthless.
<!--quoteo(post=8011:date=Dec 31 2008, 03:12 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 31 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8000:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:51 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 31 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7997:date=Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM:name=DaveB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaveB @ Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Speaking of Sammy Asos, did anyone see the entry about him in the latest Cubs mailbag on Cubs.com?

I think the guy's question was sort of a joke -- but she answered it as if it were serious. She's absolutely worthless.
That was my take. It was obviously an absurd question, like "If Babe Ruth was still alive, but in the waning stages of his career (but still a good lefty bat), would we sign him? "

And the Muskrat treats it like it's a serious query that must be broken down and painstakingly addressed.
Sheesh.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance