Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...another team
I'm trying to come up with another team to support this year. In the NL, I can't come up with any team other than the Braves, and Logan hates them (for whatever reason), so that's a no go.

In the AL, I actually enjoyed watching the Yankees in the late 80s, but I just can't join that bandwagon. It's too easy.

Anyone have a suggestion?
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
The Rangers? Or the Rockies?
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
I'm a Cubs fan...period. Maybe it's because I grew up with the Lovable Losers and didn't experience any sort of gratification till '84. But I'm never done with the Cubs. I'm gonna watch tonight's game and live and die with the team. I think there've been four games I haven't watched some part of this season and in each case it was because I had no choice. There have been a few I've walked away from or went to sleep during. I don't know why my threshold for disgust is so high...but it is.
No. There are no other teams. I won't crack a smile if any other team wins the World Series(unless it's against somebody I absolutely hate: Cardinals, Rockies, Marlins, Yankees, etc.).
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=103122:date=Jun 26 2010, 06:18 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 26 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->No. There are no other teams. I won't crack a smile if any other team wins the World Series(unless it's against somebody I absolutely hate: Cardinals, Rockies, Marlins, Yankees, etc.).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I know. I'm screwed, too. This is a sickness which cannot be overcome. I will never take any joy in any other team winning the World Series. I would just like to get some pleasure in watching baseball--now, I did watch a good portion of the Brewers/Mariners tonight and that had some entertaining moments. But I couldn't care less who wins.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
Don't care about any other teams. If the Cubs are shit, as they are this year, I will only follow other teams with passing interest.
The only way I could quit the Cubs is if I swore off baseball. That ain't happening.

I'm a lifer, and I'm ok with that. They'll never win it all, and I won't ever expect them to. That's just the way it's going to be. If I am looking to find happiness in a sports franchise, I will simply look elsewhere.
I guess I'm not watching tonight's game. Fucking Fox network.
no other team, just teams I dont want to win... but it doesn't matter till playoffs, thats when i know what team i dont want to win..
Cubs have always been my team, and the only team I follow closely, but as far as the AL goes, I've always kind of liked the Twins.
Hawkeyes. 71 days.
In Dusty we trusty??
The mighty St George Dragons.

Rugby Leagues greatest team. At least they win shit.
My other team has always been the Bears. However depending on the season it's always Bears or Cubs.
If I was going to watch another team it would have to be an AL team. I know the NL teams too well and hate them all equally. Maybe Oakland? They are always auditioning their great talent for other teams to take off their hands.
#17 Mark Grace for the HOF