Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano
I guess I can't really comment because I didn't see it. But I've been waiting weeks to see some fire from someone. Be it Lou or one of the players, I didn't care. Z got pissed and yelled at his teammates? Yeah, that's shitty, but at least the guy appears to give a shit. I'm not sure anyone else on the team does.
<!--quoteo(post=102981:date=Jun 25 2010, 06:48 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 25 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess I can't really comment because I didn't see it. But I've been waiting weeks to see some fire from someone. Be it Lou or one of the players, I didn't care. Z got pissed and yelled at his teammates? Yeah, that's shitty, but at least the guy appears to give a shit. I'm not sure anyone else on the team does.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How do you yell at your teammates when you're the one giving up four runs in the bottom of the 1st? Its Lee's fault that Quentin hit a bomb off of Z?
<!--quoteo(post=102983:date=Jun 25 2010, 06:50 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 25 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=102981:date=Jun 25 2010, 06:48 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 25 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess I can't really comment because I didn't see it. But I've been waiting weeks to see some fire from someone. Be it Lou or one of the players, I didn't care. Z got pissed and yelled at his teammates? Yeah, that's shitty, but at least the guy appears to give a shit. I'm not sure anyone else on the team does.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How do you yell at your teammates when you're the one giving up four runs in the bottom of the 1st? Its Lee's fault that Quentin hit a bomb off of Z?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree -- that was shitty. It was a stupid, shitty thing to do.

But I've been so starved for some sort of emotion or desire out of this lethargic, half-assed excuse for a ballclub, that I almost want to side with Z. Almost.
Thank God for the WC because its allowed me to ignore this team. Seriously Butch, I've come to agree with you...I hate this team about as much as I did the 2006 team. And I have a feeling its only going to get worse.
<!--quoteo(post=102985:date=Jun 25 2010, 06:55 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 25 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Thank God for the WC because its allowed me to ignore this team. Seriously Butch, I've come to agree with you...I hate this team about as much as I did the 2006 team. And I have a feeling its only going to get worse.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If they clean house and fill the team with AAA players, I won't hate them anymore. They'll still suck, but at least I won't hate them...

I can't stand the sight of these assholes.
At some point I'd like to see the Ricketts family come out and say or show that this is and will be unacceptable for this team in the future. I'm not quite sure how they would accomplish that, but it would make me feel a lot better. I need to assured that this team and owner expects to contend year in and year out. I can't deal with this lovable loser shit anymore. Somehow it's just not all that lovable anymore.
Cut him.......... And then trade him for whatever we can get.
I think this was the iceberg, if we hadn't hit it already. Start the yard sale now...
<!--quoteo(post=102978:date=Jun 25 2010, 04:33 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 25 2010, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=102975:date=Jun 25 2010, 07:17 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 25 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So, the one guy on the team who actually gives a shit gets suspended.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Gives a shit about himself or the team?
Yes, exactly, that's the issue. Z is all about Z, you can't believe this was at all about the struggles of the season, this is about his fragile ego.

I agree with you Butch that any emotion is welcomed, the team seems DOA. But ironically Lee, the player he was pissed at, shows emotion. Every time they get out of a jam in the field, when he feels there is a bad call, he shows controlled emotion (outside of the fight v. SD). Len talks like it's always a shock when he yells at an ump, but it's not a rarity. To me he shows the right type of emotion out there, Z is a petulant fucktard.
I have been as patient as anyone with Z over the past 2 years, but this particular incident was on a whole other level of petulance and lack of class. I'm guessing that Z is frustrated with his career right now and trying too hard to show maturity and has kept everything bottled up for way too long. He needed to explode and let all the pent up frustration out at some point. That is good, I'll admit. The problem is that he picked the wrong fight at the wrong time with the wrong person. I have a hard time believing that Z will apologize to anyone this time, or even if he does, none of his teammates will buy that he is genuinely sorry. I think his time here is up and needs to go. Maybe not this season, but at the very least in the coming offseason. Such a typical Cubbie occurrence too. Our most successful pitcher in the past 20 years getting dumped at the lowest point of his career. It hurts me to say it, but Z fucked us this time, and hopefully for the last time. I sided with him when Lou moved him to the pen, but I'm over that now. The man is completely out of his mind, and I doubt he is either dedicated to or in any way loyal to this organization any longer. He needs to go away. This is most likely irreparable, possibly even moreso than the Bradley situation. Maybe the Mets would consider taking him off of our hands so that I can rekindle my dormant hatred for that team again.
<!--quoteo(post=102983:date=Jun 25 2010, 05:50 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 25 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=102981:date=Jun 25 2010, 06:48 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 25 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess I can't really comment because I didn't see it. But I've been waiting weeks to see some fire from someone. Be it Lou or one of the players, I didn't care. Z got pissed and yelled at his teammates? Yeah, that's shitty, but at least the guy appears to give a shit. I'm not sure anyone else on the team does.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bingo. I've always defended Zambrano as much as anybody. That was fucking bullshit. Even if he had Ubaldo's numbers this year, I wouldn't defend him after that.
@TheBlogfines
It sounds to me like Z's days are numbered.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...ent_id=11567858
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->"He went to the bullpen because the other five starters were pitching better than he was, nothing more, nothing less," Hendry said, downplaying any notion that the frustration from that demotion had anything to do with Friday's explosion. "That was the best thing for the Cubs. Where I come from you get paid to do a job and paid to do what's best for the team."

Hendry said this was not the first time he's had to intervene with Zambrano, who is in the third year of a five-year, $91.5 million contract. Friday's incident was more than a little slip. Don't expect the pitcher to be signed up for anger management therapy.

"I think 'Good Teammate 101' would be before [anger management]," Hendry said.

The Cubs favor stringent discipline.

"It's a recurring situation," Hendry said, "and everytime it recurs it's disappointing."

Zambrano apparently screamed at some of the Chicago television camera crews outside U.S. Cellular Field when he left the ballpark.

When Hendry suspended Milton Bradley last September, it was for the remainder of the season. It's June 25, and there's a lot of baseball to be played. Can Zambrano pitch again for the Cubs this year?

"I hadn't given that any thought," Hendry said. "I certainly wouldn't rule it out. The rules of the game usually don't allow long, long-term suspensions. It's a very good question, and I'm not as prepared to answer it. I would say the possibility exists that he would [pitch again for the Cubs]."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Z fucked up.

He fucked up when he gave up the HR. He fucked up worse when he returned to the dugout and got into it with Lee.

Z is having a terrible year along with the rest of the club. Z hasn't been able to consistently get his fastball above 90 all season. I don't believe he's healthy.

Today was supposed to be a big re-start to the season and he shit the bed. That doesn't give him an excuse to go bat shit crazy. Nor does a possible injury.

I expect to hear a great condemnation of Z from every person who ever had anything against the guy. He deserves it. I also know that the club can kiss the next few seasons goodbye if Z can't get his shit back together and win some games for this club. He's basically untradeable without paying 80% + of his contract for about a season. So get used to him folks and hope he turns shit around
Wow. Those quotes are ... really surprising. It reads like Bradley redux.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Hendry sure excels at making bad situations even worse.